Hayward Industries is the world’s leading manufacturer and marketer of residential and commercial swimming pool equipment, with strong markets in the U.S., Canada, France, Spain, Italy, Australia and over 60 other countries. Our success with innovative new products and new markets is creating opportunities for dynamic and challenging careers in a number of areas.
For over 80-years, Hayward has been enhancing pool ownership by manufacturing cutting edge, advanced pool and spa equipment. Hayward listens to customers’ needs and builds in innovation during the design and manufacturing process. The corporate goal is to become the around the world brand of choice for residential and commercial swimming pool and spa.
The company, which has built its brand on innovation, energy-efficiency, safety and reliability, includes such brands asOmniLogic®,EcoStar®,TriStar®,Super Pump®,ColorLogic®,CAT Controllers®,AquaRite®andNavigator® Pro.
We invite motivated professionals to share our vision of new growth and product innovation. For consideration please apply on-line at http://careers-haywardnet.icims.com /
The District Technical Service Manager (DTM) provides local technical support for all Hayward products and customers. This includes:
- Collaborate with District Sales Managers (DSMs) to develop and implement local, market-specific strategies for aftermarket support.
- Build, train, manage, and maintain a local network of service providers to perform repairs on Hayward product.
- Serve as the local resource for decision making, problem solving, and escalation.
- Serve as a corporate resource for (a) product testing, and (b) product feedback (performance, market needs, innovation ideas, etc.).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
DTM collaborates with DSMs to develop market-specific strategies to drive sales, then implements plans to support them.
- Strategies/plans could be driven by the need to increase sales for specific products or customer segments, or to improve elements of the overall ‘Hayward package’ (service network, aftermarket support, training, product reliability, etc.).
- DTM and DSMs hold regular ‘business review’ meetings to monitor progress, identify gaps & needs, and modify strategy.
Components of the strategy/plan could include:
- Targeted servicer recruiting by market, product, or customer type.
- Targeted training for specific markets, products, or audiences.
- Targeted customer visits to attract new customers or solidify the relationship with existing customers.
- Maintenance of a ‘valued customer’ list that identifies customers who require extra sensitivity.
Local Management & Resource
DTM builds, trains, manages, and maintains a network of service providers who repair Hayward products. This includes but is not limited to:
- Evaluate network gaps/needs and recruit servicers for the network.
- Train servicers to support Hayward products (one-on-one or in groups).
- Serve as servicer resource for technical questions and other support needs.
- Resolve resolves escalations related to servicer performance.
DTM collaborates with DSMs to support trade customers (builders, retailers, dealers, servicers). This includes but is not limited to:
- Travel with DSMs to meet with existing and potential customers.
- Facilitate training events to educate and engage trade customers.
- Participate in trade shows and other local sales-focused events.
DTM serves as a local ‘corporate’ presence for Tech Services, as follows:
- Proactive relationship management with customers via site visits, feedback solicitation, training events, trade shows, etc.
- Resolve ‘gray area’ customer service issues, either by phone or in person. When appropriate, collaborate with DSM to ensure alignment.
- Serve as an escalation point for local customers who aren’t satisfied with the support provided by their servicer or other Tech Service staff.
- Perform customer site visits to provide repairs/education as needed.
This position requires frequent travel with the potential for frequent overnight stays (up to 50%, depending on the specific market).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Education: Required high-school diploma. Preferred 4-year degree or equivalent experience, preferably in a business-related field.
Experience: Required 3+ years experience in the pool industry, preferably in a field-management role, working directly with product and supporting internal and external customers.
Skills: In-depth knowledge of swimming pool products, their application, use & care, and repair. Working knowledge of technology and system applications, including spreadsheets, databases, reporting, and business tools.
Abilities: Collaborating with internal and external business partners, working through others to achieve results, teamwork, team building, project management, negotiation, building consensus, problem solving, innovation, data analysis.