The Law School Admission Council is a not-for-profit organization committed to promoting quality, access, and equity in law and education worldwide by supporting individuals’ enrollment journeys and providing preeminent assessment, data, and technology services.
Summary of Position:
The Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Communications Manager will develop and implement a communication plan that outlines how and via what channels DEI will communicate with collaborators, stakeholders, and students to meet their needs, enhance consumer experience, and deepen their relationship with LSAC. This position reports directly into the Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion.
- Implement and update targeted marketing materials for all programs, grants, and opportunities (prospective students, law schools, prelaw advisors).
- Direct communication with affinity group Listservs.
- Create and implement a DEI social media plan.
- Develop and update promotional campaigns for electronic communications, print materials, and other social media platforms.
- Website content responsibilities include:
- Review and update website with DEI lens.
- Develop and conduct user studies to inform prospective students, current law students, and admissions professionals.
- Monitor joint online projects with external organizations.
- Collaborate with internal and external subject matter experts to create and contribute proactive front-line facing as well as internal communications in support of DEI initiatives, services, programs, and other ad hoc needs.
- Writes, reviews, and edits DEI content to ensure it is fresh and engaging; ensure consistency and alignment with established LSAC writing guidelines and brand standards.
- Partner with other boundaries such as, but not limited to, LSAC Ambassadors, School Services, Human Resources, and the Enterprise Marketing team members to identify communication intersections and opportunities.
- Partners with Enterprise Marketing to ensure delivery/distribution of DEI content when needed.
- Creates content for surveys in partnership with others in DEI and other boundaries as needed.
- Serves as copy-editor and proofreader for DEI documents, emails, survey reports, and others as needed.
- Develops and maintains DEI communications procedures.
- Mentor, lead, and partner with internal stakeholders within LSAC to help promote the DEI mission and DEI Strategic Hub in order to ensure understanding and consistent application of the DEI purpose/lens in decision-making, best practices, and standards.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism or related field.
- 5+ years in a communications and/or related role.
- Strong strategic thinker.
- Robust relationship management skills.
- Must have excellent oral and written communications and presentation skills.
- Strong communication skills such as, but not limited to: participation in frequent oral discussions and preparation of written communications, such as letters, memos, newsletters and e-mail messages both inside and outside the company.
- Demonstrated ability to also work on various social media platforms.
- Highly professional presentation and public speaking skills.
- Strong visual and graphic expertise in creating content and presentations in support DEI.
- Extensive knowledge of LSAC’s brand, products, and services or ability to quickly learn LSAC’s business so content is accurately reflected in DEI communications to constituencies.
- Excellent organizational, project, and time management skills.
- Must be self-motivated, flexible and diplomatic.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and confidentiality required.
- Ability to monitor and coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to keep work organized with attention to detail while meeting project deadlines.
- Must be able to work under pressure of conflicting priorities to meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain effective collaborative relationships with colleagues, vendors, and external contacts.
- High comfort level with a collaborative working environment.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook as integral part of day-to-day activity.
- Experience with CRM software (i.e., Microsoft Dynamics a plus) preferred.
- Communication skills require negotiation and explanation to gain acceptance of ideas and proposed actions.
- Innovative and collaborative leader and champion of equity initiatives with a demonstrated understanding of the dynamics of power, privilege, and oppression
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Professional practice reflects a commitment to customer service, data-informed effectiveness, and addressing racial and social inequities.
- Ability to interpret information and develop recommendations.
Travel required up to 10-20%.
LSAC actively seeks to foster greater levels of diversity in our workforce and in our pipeline of future leaders. We are committed to attract and retain candidates who have a passion for their work and encourage all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, LGBTQ, and differently abled, to apply. LSAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.