Hennepin Healthcare System, Inc. (HHS) is seeking an experienced and exceptional Division Director for the Division of Hospital Medicine. The Division Director will oversee 34 physicians and 10 advanced practice providers (APPs). This is a full-time position.
The Division Director reports to the Chief of the Department of Medicine at HHS.
- Manage a seamlessly integrated Hospital Medicine program bringing hospitalists and advanced practice providers (APPs) together as one team
- Oversee clinical, quality, and financial performance of the Hennepin Healthcare Hospital Medicine Division enterprise
- Nurture an environment of interdisciplinary collaboration with clinical and administrative partners in the delivery of care
- Represent the division in coordination with the Department Chief, Hospitalist Teams, and Residents
- Provide administration and oversight of the divisions financial operations and budgets
- Provide administration and oversight of schedule to ensure adequate provider coverage of medicine inpatients at HHS
- Provide leadership and guidance in provider and staff recruitment and support access, equity, and diversity
- Provide education and training to residents, students, APPs, and staff and builds a culture of scholarship in the division
- Provide hospital inpatient care, provide hospital inpatient consultation, build inpatient business lines with other specialties
- Work collaboratively with emergency medicine, critical care medicine, psychiatry, surgical specialties, and others to ensure quality and timely transitions of care
- Work collaboratively with hospital leadership to maintain and improve quality and safety metrics for inpatients
- Possession of, or eligibility for, license to practice as a physician in the State of Minnesota
- Board certified in Internal Medicine
- At least five (5) years of experience post-training with evidence of progressive management responsibilities and leadership in an academic department. Less than five (5) years of progressive management will be considered based on applicant's skill-set and accomplishments
- Strong record of collaboration; must possess the ability to engage a broad base of potential stakeholders to work towards a shared vision
- Academic record consistent with the level of Associate Professor or above. Assistant Professors and/or non-academic physicians will also be considered based on training, experience, and leadership skills.
- MPH or MBA
- Experience with transitions of care, quality and safety, and/or informatics
Positions at Hennepin Healthcare are credentialed through the Office of the Medical Staff in accordance with its policies.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of intent and CV to our Search Committee, c/o Jerry Hess at