Leidos’s Military & Veterans Health Solutions Group has an opening for a Division Manager/Operations Research Analyst at San Diego, CA.
JOB DEFINITION: The primary purpose of this position is to evaluate, design, and develop medical planning and logistics computer models and simulations needed to support current and future Navy and Marine Corps medical systems analyses. The incumbent also serves as a principal investigator and functions as a lead analyst in the Modeling and Simulation Division of the Naval Health Research Center and participates in operational medical research for the Department of Defense, U.S. Navy and U.S. Marine Corps. The incumbent reviews the scientific literature related to casualty treatment and management during military operations, writes reports and journal articles, and makes presentations at professional meetings and conferences.
· Planning and managing research projects involving medical resource allocation and medical risk assessment models.
· Develop and design studies with detailed analysis plans that are clinically relevant and/or actionable in a military setting.
· Review and assess technical research literature, investigating other sources of relevant information, and development and maintenance of computer models, databases, and software packages.
· Define research objectives, determine research methods, and specify appropriate procedures.
· Write scientific reports, manuscripts and other products including detailed descriptions of analyses.
· Suggests new areas for research projects or additional research studies in the areas of medical resource allocation and medical risk assessment
· Represent NHRC and Department 161 at relevant scientific meetings and present results and findings of studies to appropriate audiences.
· Assist in research, preparation, and submission of work proposals for Department of Defense funding.
· Performs data collection, data analysis, and interpretation. Research investigations include the development and maintenance of databases and computer programs to determine the supply and equipment requirements
· Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
· Principles and practice of software design, development, testing, integration, and validation, verification, and accreditation (VV&A).
· Methods and techniques of compiling, analyzing, and evaluating statistical and other research data.
· Appropriate management techniques necessary to oversee complex studies involving alternative medical force structures.
· Medical planning software to include the Joint Medical Planning Tool (JMPT) and the Medical Planner’s Toolkit (MPTk).
Skills and abilities to:
· Read, understand, and interpret public-health-related technical information.
· Identify and apply appropriate statistical methods to evaluate data.
· Analyze data to draw logical conclusions and make sound management and policy recommendations.
· Prepare and write reports and manuscripts concerning the findings of statistical analysis.
· Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
· Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with department director, scientific researchers, and staff.
· Reprioritize projects as necessary.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in Operations Research or Operations Analysis (Master’s degree preferred) AND at least (2) two years of post-graduate experience in analyses and study design methodology AND (5) five years experience in software design and development AND (3) three years experience in a significant management capacity. Applicants without these minimal requirements will not be considered eligible for this position. Must be able to work in a team environment and manage projects from conceptualization through completion.Must be a US citizen and have the ability to obtain secret clearance.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Veteran preferred.Previous experience with military health issues is preferred. Previous experience in expeditionary medical planning preferred.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet.6fac3445-56d8-4266-bac0-8ecc824adda0 6fac3445-56d8-4266-bac0-8ecc824adda0 6fac3445-56d8-4266-bac0-8ecc824adda0 6fac3445-56d8-4266-bac0-8ecc824adda0 6fac3445-56d8-4266-bac0-8ecc824adda0 6fac3445-56d8-4266-bac0-8ecc824adda0 6fac3445-56d8-4266-bac0-8ecc824adda0 6fac3445-56d8-4266-bac0-8ecc824adda0 6fac3445-56d8-4266-bac0-8ecc824adda0 6fac3445-56d8-4266-bac0-8ecc824adda0