Primary Location: 195 Technology Dr, Irvine, CA, USA
Division: Cox Automotive
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 202100056
Are you a self-starter, a go-getter, and a deal maker? At Cox Automotive Retail Solutions, you will find a culture that rewards such entrepreneurial spirit. We empower our team members to make their own decisions for growing our business. We are looking for like-minded people who can share our passion for success.
The person in this role will be accountable for the sales of Dealertrack DMS, or our dealer management system, to franchise car dealerships. Additionally, the Regional Sales Manager will be accountable for generating and maximizing sales revenue and increasing DMS customers. The person in this role will be assigned to open territories or territories without adequate coverage from existing Regional Sales Managers.
The ability to negotiate with car dealers, as well as having product expertise of the DMS – a bundled information package with software that aides in running the various parts of a car dealership, such as finance, sales, parts, inventory and administration – is crucial in this role
- Use the Challenger based selling approach to manage and successfully close complex sales opportunities.
- Use insight and consultative selling techniques to provide feedback to clients on industry trends, strategies and challenges.
- Partner with client stakeholders to build consensus for CA Retail Solutions products within their organization.
- Independently and collaboratively strategize for solving deal-level challenges.
- Discuss, present, and demonstrate key advantages of the Dealertrack DMS solution to the customer
- Meet or exceed assigned monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue sales goals as set by the region and or division
- Backfill open territories or existing territories, as needed
- Partner with Regional Sales Manager to develop customer relationships with new and existing dealers
- Build trusted relationships with decision makers at the dealership; Dealer Principals, Controllers, and General Managers
- Performs other duties as required
- Travel warrior - Frequent travel in designated sales territories and divisions. 75%
- Phone warrior
- 7 years of experience, preferable in a sales related role
- BS/BA degree
- Or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Ability to tailor communication to the client’s needs
- Effectively delivers presentations and has strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to systematically solves problem and hypothesize possible client pain points, expectations, and needs
- The ideal candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the auto dealership departments and its processes
- Must have the ability to close sales opportunities and maintain a long-term trusted relationship with customer
- Must have above average computer skills
- Highly organized
- Understanding and demonstration of Challenger skills
- Knowledge and sales experience of DMS solutions or similar products used in the automotive industry (Reynolds and Reynolds, ADP, UCS)
- Previous experience in managing a multi-state sales territory
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.