Document Review Sr Specialist II
Regulatory Control Operations (RCO), which is aligned under Consumer and Community Banking, provides a wide range of global operational support and services for retail, commercial, treasury, asset wealth management and credit card customers.
COAL processes Asset-Based Orders served on JP Morgan Chase by restraining customers’ funds and other assets held by the bank. The court system/government agencies issue a variety of orders to collect on debts or money judgments based on statutory terms and procedures. Money judgments are the result of a lawsuit or other debt default process where a judge or jury find in favor of the plaintiff (third-party) and award damages from the defendant (JPMC customer). Government agencies will also issue levies ordering asset restraint for child support, delinquent taxes or other customer defaulted debts. Law enforcement will seek to restrain or seize assets for violation of law or civil forfeiture.
Document Review Specialist
As a Document Review Specialist in the Court Orders & Levies Special Handling department you will be primarily responsible for thoroughly reviewing, analyzing and executing various legal documents served to Chase from all 50 states based upon applicable laws and bank policy. Specialists are expected to acquire, retain, and accurately apply extensive order handling knowledge in regards to individual state laws when garnishing funds on behalf of JPMorgan Chase.
Specialists will read incoming legal orders, determine the correct course of action by applying their acquired knowledge of the state/federal rules governing each specific order document, take the necessary customer/account action including placing legal holds on eligible accounts, releasing holds, setting up funds to payout to various remittance entities, and reaching out to specific LOBs (Treasury Services Dept, CD Dept, Brokerage Dept) to obtain necessary account information and provide required direction. Responsible for generating, signing, and/or notarizing legally obligated answers back to corresponding parties (i.e. Creditor attorney, court, state Marshal, etc). Expected to follow exactly the firm’s sworn document policy while processing legal orders. Specialists must exhibit strong customer focus while also mitigating risk exposed to the bank.
· Minimum of 2 years of banking operations, compliance/legal operations, or case based service operations experience
· Minimum of 1 year processing asset based orders in a banking environment
· 1-2 years call center experience required
· 1-2 years Quality Assurance/Quality Control experience preferred
· Bachelors degree in related field (Corporate Law, Legal Assistant, Criminal Justice, etc)
· Paralegal certification preferred
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications including: Excel, Word, and Outlook and general desktop PC operation
Required Skills and Expectations:
· Prior Court Orders and Levies experience required
· Excellent attention to detail/reading comprehension skills
· Ability to interpret and extract data from complex legal documents
· Strong customer focus
· Able to identify and mitigate risk exposed to the firm
· Excellent communication skills both verbal and non verbal
· Professional behaviors, interactions, and partnerships expected
· Able to work both independently and with others in a team based environment
· Able to identify and communicate opportunities for process improvement
· Ability to work effectively and professionally with outside legal agencies
· Able to confidently work with internal and external Attorneys
· Prepared to commit to a rigorous 8 week training course with successful completion of multiple knowledge assessments
· Due to the Time Sensitive nature of processing legal documents all candidates must be willing to work frequent and considerable overtime based on caseload volume
· Committed to working in a high production environment with minimal errors
· Legal requirements and risk controlled nature of work requires rigid adherence to performance standards as a condition of employment
· Ability to work evenings and Saturday