Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sitdown together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 155+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, NewZealand, China, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 11,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Ensure that all shipping and receiving documents and functions are completed accurately and on time. Communicates with customers, warehouse, and supervisors to coordinate outbound and inbound freight schedules.
• Complete shipping and receiving orders including necessary documents and labels.
• Verify accuracy of all orders and records.
• Assist in tracking any missing or delayed shipments.
• Authorize product for shipment and receipt.
• Inform supervisor of any issues with drivers or loads and assist in resolution of any issues.
• Work with Customer Service Reps to ensure customer requirements are met.
• Keep computer records accurate and up to date. Run daily reports as needed.
• Maintain security procedures at dock.
• Promote a safe and positive work environment through personal actions.
• Identify any safety concerns, as well as cost saving opportunities.
• Other duties as requested.
Qualifications & Experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) plus one-year office experience or equivalent training and experience.
• Warehouse or transportation experience a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to work in detail driven, high paced, deadline-oriented environment.
• Maintain a flexible work schedule a must.
• Experience with AS/400 and Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
• Familiar with Warehouse Management System (WMS) and Radio Frequency (RF).
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the associate is frequently required to sit; hear or talk: use close vision; use hands to grasp, handle or feel objects; and type and manipulate controls. Associate is occasionally required to use distance vision, stand, kneel or crouch and lift up to 25 lbs. and work in sub-freezing temperatures.
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.