Responsible for dock operations on assigned shift. Supervises and coordinates the activities of dock associates assigned to the warehouse or yard. Oversees routing of shipments and loading and unloading of freight.
What you’ll do on a typical day
- Establishes necessary controls to ensure that P&D units are closed at agreed-upon times and special customer requests are handled on time every time. Ensures inbound close-out is made to ensure timeliness.
- Responsible for Pickup & Delivery (P&D) loading. This includes the amount of stops, amount of weight, and conditions of load where P&D drivers meet the requirements of error-free work.
- Responsible for practicing an effective loss prevention plan in the service center, through combined efforts of service center personnel, cargo claims/loss prevention or designee, and using process improvement as the method of development and execution.
- Maintains responsibility and accountability for integrity of P&D loads originating at the service center with a commitment towards continuous measurable improvement.
- Plans layout of warehouse and other storage areas, considering turnover, size, weight, and related factors of items stored.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow.
- Assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates.
- Responsible for maintaining attention on any significant risks and implementing adequate controls.
Here are the key things you will need to have
- A High School Diploma or GED
- At least 2 years of dock or leadership experience or completion of Company Management Training Program
Here are some of the perks you’ll get as a full time member of our team:
- Competitive pay
- Career Progression
- Job stability (We’ve never had a lay off)
- Health, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Flex and Health Spending Accounts
- Company matching 401(k) retirement plan
- Wellness Program
- Paid time off, including 8 paid holidays