Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
Microsemi's Discrete and Integrated Solutions Group (DISG) offers one of the industry's most comprehensive power and RF/microwave discrete semiconductor product portfolios. The DISG encompasses two business units, the Power Discrete & Modules BU and the RF/Microwave Discretes BU. Markets the PDM & RF/MW Discretes BU's address include: alternative energy, industrial, medical, defense, commercial aviation, communications, embedded systems, motor control, power solutions, sensors and security. Microsemi is planning to fill the following position with a talented, creative and motivated individual. A generous package is offered to all regular full time employees.
Supervise and direct the activities of the documentation control team to meet goals, objectives, budget, and quality standards. Prioritize schedules and workloads based on projects and on-going tasks. Select, develop, set goals, and evaluate the team to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Use the Document Change system to produce engineering/manufacturing documentation, such as travelers, procedures, drawings, bills of materials, and parts lists specifications through document change orders.
- Ensure that master drawing files and history files are accurate and current and that effective control is maintained over drawings and other document records.
- Ensure that documentation projects meet established quality standards, budgets, and deadlines.
- Coordinate with engineering, production, and marketing functions in providing document control services.
- Maintain BOMs, routes, parts and flow on the ERP system (Microsoft Dynamics Axapta).
- Maintain documentation for external regulations and procedural guidelines such as AS/ISO-9000 standards, Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) and Export Compliance.
- Create and maintain Quality Record archives for defined retention periods.
- Participate in audits as the process owner and as necessary.
- Manage multiple applications – ERP, DMS.
- Develop staff to ensure backup coverage is available (i.e. cross-training), including when supervisor is unavailable.
- Plan and administer procedures and budget.
- Make budgetary recommendations and manages capital expenditures and labor.
- Develop schedules and employee requirements for assigned areas.
- Review goals, objectives, budget and quality standards with senior manager.
- Involved in developing, modifying and executing document control-related policies that affect operations and may also have a site-wide effect.
- Work on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives.
- Regularly interact with engineering, operations, and senior management on matters concerning document control.
- Ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in sensitive situations, without damage to the relationship.
- Easily adapt to change in the work place.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Microsemi targets candidates who value teamwork, have effective interpersonal skills, and respect the technical leadership and structured processes that we utilize to build our world-class products.
Supervision of Others
Directly supervises the actions or work of others. Responsible for hiring, evaluation, counseling, discipline, pay, schedule of others.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands shown below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The work environment characteristics shown below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associates degree or higher.
- 5+ years' of document control experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with ITAR/EAR, ISO, and AS9100.
- Minimum 5 years prior supervisory/management experience, including coaching, developing, and performance of junior to senior level employees.
- Experience in quality systems and AS/ISO standards
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to navigate within matrix environment.
- Work and plan independently to achieve targeted goals.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Must be results driven and possess a proven track record for resolution of difficult situations and deadlines.
- Demonstrated team building and proven leadership skills and the ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance of, others in sensitive situations.
- Excellent verbal/written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills with being proficient with Microsoft Office tools.
- Demonstrated drive and ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast paced environment
- Experience collaborating with Engineers
- Bachelor degree.
- Document control experience in the semiconductor industry.
- Experience using ERP packages, Microsoft AX preferred.
- Experience in MIL-PRF-19500 and/or MIL-PRF-38534 military standards
- Ability to perform in a multi-site, ITAR-controlled environment.
This job requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by the export laws of the United States. Candidates are required to provide proof of US citizenship, Permanent US residency or classification as a protected individual as defined in 8 USC 1324b (a) (3).
Equal Opportunity EmployerMicrochip is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Disabled / Veterans / Minorities / Women. We provide equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the EEO is the Law Poster and the EEO is the Law Poster Supplement. Please also refer to the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.