Temporary Position w/ Potential Permanent Assignment
Medical Terminology Knowledge/Experience a Plus - CNA/MA/Medical Secretary Encouraged to Apply
Per Diem - Variable Days - Eligible for 10% Pay Differential plus Base Pay
Boulder Community Health was recently honored as Best Local Employer by the Daily Camera in the 2018 Boulder County Gold, their People’s Choice Awards for businesses in Boulder County. Come join us and be a part of an independent, community-focused health system and feel good knowing that your work will make a difference in people’s lives and be a positive contribution to the community.
Document Imaging Specialist is responsible for digitizing paper documents by scanning and uploading them to the hospital electronic database. Document Imaging Specialists must retrieve, prepare, scan and check health records. Employee must maintain day to day maintenance on scanner.
Education or Formal Training
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- Successful completion of a medical office program or an accredited health records program strongly preferred.
Special Qualifications (Licensure, Registration, etc.)
Minimum two years of related and progressively more responsible health care experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability
- Must be accurate and have high productivity skills.
- Must have good computer, word processing, copying, spelling, scanning and email application skills.
- Ability to exercise initiative and considerable amount of independent judgment.
- Must be able to interpret current policies and procedures.
- Medical terminology is desirable
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, professionals, agencies and the public.
Scanning experience is preferred
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED
- Copier/ fax machine
- Tube system
- Telephone system
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
- Must be able to sit at desk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to file in confined spaces
- Must be able to stand on step stools and short ladders to file or retrieve charts
- Must be able to continually use hands to keyboard, finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Must be able to stand, walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Must be able to push or pull cart with medical records from 25 lbs to 75 lbs.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 15 lbs of medical records.
About Boulder Community Health and Boulder, Colorado
Uncompromising medical excellence, delivered with the values of respect and compassion. Since 1922, Boulder Community Health has built our reputation on this promise. As a community-owned and operated not-for-profit hospital and clinics, we remain dedicated to meeting the evolving healthcare needs of our citizens and providing access to high quality medical care. Our state-of-the art facilities are home to many medical professionals who offer an extensive range of medical services.
Nestled in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, adventure awaits you right outside your door. Big, beautiful vistas, serene snow-capped mountains, and a lifestyle conducive to enjoying the outdoors bring a truly fresh perspective to our practice of healthcare.
Surround yourself by natural beauty and an active, life-embracing community, while you enjoy state of the art facilities and equipment along with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including health/dental/life, paid annual leave, tuition reimbursement and much more.
EOE/Affirmative Action/Drug-free workplace