Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Document Management Analyst I
- Filing, retrieving, and copying case file materials; creating witness binders; preparing deposition and trial exhibits; entering data on-line to case files and other databases; proofreading, editing, correcting OCR'd text files; retrieving and blowing back documents from microfilm and digital image media; tabbing, numbering, labeling, assembling documents; filling out log sheets and reporting on task progress; and performing quality control on the work of peers in all of these areas.
- Prepares documents for image scanning; performs other document collection related activities, including document screening, and labeling of files to be scanned.
- Performs simple database searches.
- Performs moderately complex litigation support tasks, including, for example, detailed review and analysis of case materials in a broad range of subject matters, such as financial records, health care materials, and other litigation files; detailed indexing of case files; drafting procedures for accomplishing litigation support assignments; document acquisition related tasks; conducting database searches; and performing e-discovery culling.
- Proofreads and edits deliverable products.
- Often works with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US government security clearance.
- One year of experience on major litigation support projects or undergraduate degree.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a team environment.
- Must have excellent writing skills and oral communication capabilities.
- Requires hands-on familiarity with the Government's office and network environment, including but not limited to, data processing environments, including office automation networks, PC-based databases and other applications, internet and server-based databases and other applications, such as Relativity, Summation, Trial Director, etc.
- Should be a knowledgeable user of the Government's office and network environment, including but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheet, imaging, and hardware systems.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.