Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Document Management Technician
• Reviews case materials and is familiar with issues relevant to the legal issue at hand.
• Searches for and summarizes relevant articles in trade magazines, law reviews, published studies, financial reports, and similar materials for use of attorneys in the preparation of opinions, briefs, and other legal documents
• Prepares digests of selected decisions or opinions which incorporate legal references and analyses of precedents involved in areas of well-defined and settled points of law
• Interviews potential witnesses and prepares summary interview reports for the attorney's review
• Participates in pre-trial witness conferences, notes possible deficiencies in case materials (e.g., missing documents, conflicting statements) and additional issues or other questionable matters, and requests further investigation by other agency personnel to correct possible deficiencies or personally conducts limited investigations at the pre-trial stage
• Prepares and organizes trial exhibits, as required, such as statistical charts and photographic exhibits
• Verifies citations and legal references on prepared legal documents;
• Prepares summaries of testimony and depositions
• Drafts and edits non-legal memoranda, research reports and correspondence relating to cases.
- Must be able to obtain a government security clearance.
- Ability to perform detailed work consistently, accurately, and under pressure extremely important.
- Must be able to read and follow instructions.
- Must be able to understand task, task objectives, and the context of the task in the litigation support effort as a whole.
- Must take the initiative to ask questions when necessary to complete task correctly (e.g. where instructions are not explicit or appear to be contrary to the task objective).
- Must have typing/keyboarding skills and good communication skills.
- Must be knowledgeable user of the Government's office and network environment, including but not limited to, word processing, database, spreadsheet, imaging, and telecommunications systems.
- Undergraduate degree preferred.
- Litigation support experience valued.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.