The Legal Document Specialist is a member of the on-site Williams Lea Tag team delivering exceptional customer service at our client locations. Responsibilities include document creation and editing, document repair and recovery, and providing MS Word expertise.
Job Responsibilities :
- Create and edit legal documents to client specifications using applicable software.
- Transcribe tapes, scan and clean documents, and convert documents to/from different file formats.
- Use document comparison software, red-lining, and general editing to correct legal documents as directed.
- Produce spreadsheets, charts, graphs, mail merges, tables, presentations, and other documents as requested.
- Recover/restore corrupted document files when needed.
- Handle sensitive and/or confidential documents and information.
- Communicate with manager and supervisors on job or deadline issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Williams Lea Tag offers an exciting and supportive business environment. We develop our people and reward their contribution. We work with openness and integrity. We are an equal opportunity employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform preemployment substance abuse testing.
Job Requirements :
- High school diploma or equivalent required, bachelor's degree preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word, including formatting documents with Styles, and generating table of contents and table of authorities.
- MS Word certification preferred but not required.
- Advanced MS Excel and PowerPoint skills required.
- Typing speed of 50 wpm is preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment and as an independent operator.
- Attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality.
- Ability to prioritize work to balance multiple projects and deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Legal experience preferred but not required.
Williams Lea offers an exciting and supportive business environment. We develop our people and reward their contribution. We work with openness and integrity. We are an equal opportunity employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.