Document Sales Consultants (DSC’s) are the lifeblood of our organization. DSC’s are outside sales representatives who focus on expanding the sale of Managed Print Services, small format and wide format equipment sales, reprographics sales, color and graphics sales, digital archiving and information management, placements of Skysite SmartScreens, and sales of proprietary SKYSITE platforms. DSC’s are hunter/closer sales professionals who can articulate our value-proposition and the problems we solve for our customers, lead/manage a sales process, and drive new business growth by scheduling face-to-face meetings and presentations with new prospects as well as our existing clients with the goal of closing sales and expanding the solutions already in place.
These are the exciting things you get to do:
- Identify development potential in accounts by studying current business metrics; interviewing key customer contacts, uncovering and presenting additional new business opportunities.
- Utilize, manage and build pipeline in Salesforce.com daily.
- Consultative and collaborative sales by understanding client’s business drivers, building relationships; qualifying potential opportunities; presenting and closing business.
- Prepare and give presentations to all levels within client organizations.
- Interact with sales leadership and operational leaders to develop sales strategies that win new business.
- Understand the Document Solution’s Value Proposition and our competitive advantages, and deliver it formally to clients.
- Continual enhancing job knowledge skills by participating in educational opportunities; training sessions; reading professional publications; networking; participating in industry events and organizations.
- Learn and understand components of margin and how to maximize profitability.
Here is what we expect of you:
- Be a collaborative, consultative, innovative, positive professional who is customer service focus, organized and self-motivated.
- Effective verbal and written communicator.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This is what will help you succeed:
- 2+ years of outside sales/hunting experience.
- Experience with prospecting, cold calling, needs assessment, solutions sales, and building/managing a sales pipeline.
- Strong computer skills to include the use of Microsoft Office programs, Microsoft Outlook, Salesforce.com, etc.
- Knowledge of construction industry preferred – or a strong affinity to learn.
- Knowledge of AEC (Architect, Engineer, Construction) industry preferred – or a strong affinity to learn.
- Document Solutions industry experience -- but we will consider high caliber sales professionals.
Education: Prefer a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field.