TISTA Science and Technology Corporation, a CMMI Maturity Level 3 company, focuses on delivering information technology (IT) and professional services to Federal and State agencies. TISTA is an Inc. 500 company, a recipient of the 2010 Top 100 Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Businesses from Diversity Business, recognized in Washington Technology's FAST 50 list of the fastest growing small businesses in government contracting in 2012 & 2013, recognized as the Top 25 Fastest Growing Small Technology companies by the Washington Business Journal in 2014 & 2015, and selected as the Veteran Owned Company of the Year in 2014 by the Montgomery County MD Dept. of Economic Development.
TISTA Science and Technology is seeking a Technical Writer to join our growing team.
The Technical Writer shall be the primary contact that is accountable for contract deliverables and documentation and shall coordinate with the staff assigned the responsibility for completing contract deliverables and their timely delivery. The Technical Writer shall support the Contractor Project Manager, other Contractor Key Personnel, Team Leads and other staff responsible with the coordination, preparation and delivery to client of Contract Deliverables as required by the SOW, the XLC and ad-hoc requests as agreed upon between the contractor and the client.
- Documents designated by the Project Manager shall be uploaded to the project SharePoint site by the Documentation Specialist
- Where applicable, all deliverables shall follow client standard templates and format guidelines
- Among the documentation and deliverables the Documentation Specialist shall be accountable are:
- XLC artifacts
- Data Use Agreements (DUAs)
- Security Control Assessments (SCA)
- CMS FISMA Controls Tracking System (CFACTS)
- Homeland Security Presidential Directive 12 (HSPD12)
- Section 508
- CMS Data Calls
- Contractor staff onboarding
- Government Furnished Equipment (GFE)
- Government Furnished Software (GFS) and licenses
- CMS Meetings and engagements
- Additional documentation as agreed upon
- Support and coordination with the Project Manager shall be required and, as appropriate, with the inclusion of the client staff such as, but not limited to, the Technical Lead, ISSO, or COR
- Support client meetings and engagements, the Technical Writer shall be accountable for the coordination, preparation and delivery of the necessary meeting articles (soft and/or hardcopy)
- Meeting/Engagement requests to the various client teams such as:
- Enterprise Test Center (ETC)
- Central Data Administration (CDA)
- Section 508 Compliance
- Attendance records
- Action Items
- Test Plans
- Remediation Plans
- Demonstrates the capabilities of performing the position
- Demonstrates the capabilities of working on a large scale IT project
- Demonstrates project experience using basic and advanced functions and features of Microsoft Office products such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Sharepoint
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Proficient in Microsoft Visio, Microsoft SharePoint and Adobe Acrobat
- Proficient in CMS approved Enterprise support software such as Remedy, Jira, CFACTS, Service Now (SNOW)
- Public Trust
- Rockville, MD
Here at TISTA Science and Technology we value our Veterans and encourage all to apply!
TISTA is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.