Aerotek is actively seeking Mechanical Assemblers & Pipe-fitters to support a large Govt. project where you will be assembling an Engine Room Simulator for Navy Submarines and it will be on the Naval Weapons Station in Goose Creek, SC.
This position does Require each individual to hold an ACTIVE Secret Security Clearance or have held one in the Past 24 months.
- Reads engineering documentation and work order instructions
- Performs various assembly processes using hand tools
- Precision layouts of hole patterns in sheet metal
- Performs drilling, tapping, and shaping of various metal alloys
- Fabricates springs, gaskets, brackets, etc. out of various materials
- Utilize precise measuring equipment (calipers, micrometers, etc.) daily
- Installs, adjusts, and fine tunes a variety of electro-mechanical assemblies
- +2 years experience of mechanical Assembly experience with strong concentration in the training and simulation industry.
- Proficient in use of general hand tools (Drills, Grinders, Rivet Tools, Calipers, Micrometers)
- Must have own tools (Wrenches, Sockets, Pliers, Screwdrivers, Calipers, Measuring Tapes, etc)
- Experience with all types of materials (aluminum, steel, fiberglass, composites)
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.