The Barking Lot, a doggie daycare, boarding, grooming and training center in Providence, RI, seeks enthusiastic Customer Service Professional and Canine Play Coach who loves dogs and who has a fantastic work ethic. Our mission is to provide a safe, clean and fun environment for the dogs in our care as well as our employees and to provide a truly superior customer experience,
Full-time (32 to 40 hours)position is available for year-round work.
This position requires periodic Customer Service shifts as well as Dog Daycare Attendant shifts. Our Customer Service Representatives are responsible for greeting customers in a pleasant manner and bringing the dog(s) to the appropriate playgroup when they arrive, checking them into our system, answering the phones, making appointments for customers, onboarding new customers and other duties as assigned. Our Dog Daycare Play Coaches supervise, manage and oversee dog activities for both daycare and boarding dogs. They are also responsible for the maintenance and cleaning of the facility. The Barking Lot provides an extensive training program which all employees are expected to complete.
This is NOT a 9 to 5 position. We are currently hiring for the following shifts: Mornings (6:30am to 1pm), afternoons (12pm to 6:30pm), Saturdays (9am to 5pm). (Must work at least one weekday 6:30 AM to 1 :00 PM shift per week.)
- Prior related work experience (at daycares, kennels, grooming, training, etc.) is preferred but not required however customer service experience is required. We are interested in finding a positive, motivated, responsible and dog-loving employee eager to learn.
- Be able to interact cheerfully around the dogs, staff and customers.
- Be able to work as a team member.
- Be able to multi task.
- Be punctual, dependable, responsible and have reliable transportation.
- Be willing to learn new things.
- Be a self-starter.
- Must be 18 or older
- Possess a warm, caring, friendly demeanor and a professional appearance
- Must be a true dog lover
- Be Fearless: you must be able to work with dogs of all shapes, sizes, and breeds.
- Must be able to periodically work weekends and some holidays.
- Must possess LOTS of energy. You will be constantly on your feet.
- Attentiveness is required...this isn't a job for someone who is prone to daydreaming (cell phone use is not allowed during your shift). You must be able to notice any signs that the dogs in your care are sick, in distress or engaging in risky behavior, and you must be willing and able to address those problems quickly.
- Patience is a must. We never use physical punishment with any dog and require people who can use our tried and true methods to manage dog behavior without resorting to mistreatment or becoming frustrated.
- Must be a team player as you will be working with other coaches, supervisors, and trainers throughout your shift.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Greeting customers and escorting their dogs to the proper playgroup as well as answering the phones
- Maintaining a safe play area for large groups of dogs
- Monitoring the dogs to ensure appropriate play
- Monitoring the dogs for any change in behavior or health
- Reporting any changes in dogs to management immediately
- Learning how dogs interact and communicate.
- Demonstrating genuine, enthusiastic and cheerful service as you interact with our pet parents and guests.
- Performing regular cleaning duties. We keep our facilities as sanitary as a human daycare. Be prepared ' we love dogs, but we'd never tell you they don't make a lot of messes by nature!
- Preparing meals, feed and medicate dogs (if applicable)
- Remaining in compliance with all policies, including attendance, dress code standards, and punctuality.
Working shifts are 6:30-1:00 & 12:00-6:30. Applicant must be able to work some weekends and some holidays.
All potential employees are subject to a background check.
- Providence, RI
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
The Company's Website:
- Paid time off.
- Paid 30-minute lunch or supper break.
- Flexible schedule.
- Free Daycare for your dog while you are here.
- Superstars will have room to grow here!