Love dogs? We're looking for animal lovers like you to join Rover as independent pet sitters. You'll run your own business, make your own schedule, and earn money watching dogs in your home or around your neighborhood.
How it works:
Create a Rover sitter profile and select the services you want to offer. Choose from dog sitting, dog boarding, dog walking, drop-in visits, or doggy daycare. If your profile is approved, it will go live on Rover.com, and pet parents will be able to contact you with requests.
You'd be a good fit if:
You love dogs (and can watch them in your home or around your neighborhood), have a flexible schedule, and have previous experience caring for dogs or other animals.
- Earn extra income: Use it to pay bills, fund a trip, or add it to your savings.
- Enjoy flexible hours: Offer pet sitting on the weekends or make it a full-time gig—it's up to you!
- Get 24/7 support: Rover's support team is always ready to help with 24/7 Trust & Safety coverage.
- Easily communicate with clients: The Rover app lets you easily track stay details and send stay summaries right to your client's phone.
- Get paid easily: Payments go directly to Rover account, and are disbursed 2 days after your service is complete
This is a great opportunity for current freelance dog care providers, and others in the pet care industry such as vet techs and vet assistants. Teachers, retirees, or anyone with a flexible work schedule are also a great fit. Individuals who currently work from home, students, interns, or contract workers looking to earn additional money on the side can also make great pet care providers. Rover dog sitters come from a variety of backgrounds and industries, including customer service, sales, retail, and restaurants (baristas, bartenders, servers, food runners, waiters/waitresses, restaurant hosts, hostesses, and busboys). Being a Rover sitter requires care and attention, so previous experience as a babysitter or caregiver can be invaluable. Because of their flexible schedule, Rover sitters have also worked at Care.com, Grubhub, Seamless, DoorDash, Eat24, Caviar, Munchery, Saucey, Google Express, AmazonFresh, Instacart, Sprig, Luxe, Zirx, Lyft, Uber, Wag, Shipt, and Postmates. Keep in mind that If you want to offer doggy day care or dog walking, weekday availability is key. If you're looking for flexible work, gig work, part-time work, seasonal work, a summer job or just want earn additional money on the side, Rover could be a great fit for you. Most importantly, successful sitters are dog lovers first!