JOIN OUR TEAM to assist and prepare over 200,000 Servicemen and women who separate annually from the United States Military begin a new life chapter as a civilian. Many of those who separate from the military have transition plans while others find becoming a civilian a daunting task. The Department of Labor (DOL) Veterans’ Employment and Training Service (VETS) program requires contractor services to support these transitioning Servicemen and women through its highly successful Transition Assistance Program (TAP) that is offered world-wide to conduct job assistance workshops, employment counseling, apprenticeship program placements and employer outreach.
In this role, you will:
- Teaching and/or instructing Military personnel transition to civilian professional and vocational occupations.
- Guide the transitioning Military Servicemembers in identifying goals while also assisting them with recognizing any employment or education gaps.
- Organize and able to manage an office;
- Providing transitioning Servicemembers (Active, Reserve, National Guard), family members, and Veterans a comprehensive understanding of preparing for civilian employment, job searching, job application processes, networking, technical training opportunities, credentialing, and assistance in preparing for civilian employment and participation in technical programs and schools; and, who can conduct large group instruction and provide counseling on the job search process.
To be successful in this roll, you will have:
- Prior experience which demonstrates understanding of private and public sector employment processes.
- Previous experience as a classroom instructor.
- Knowledgeable of the workplace, jobs, and requirement for entry into those jobs.
- Demonstrated ability to provide training to groups with up to 50 participants: individual career counseling experience.
- Proficient in MS Windows and Office.
- Able to communicate effectively with Military clients, be comfortable instructing and speaking in front of a group, be observant of others, possess the ability to engage an audience, and respond to inquiries independently.
- Some travel may be required.
- May require extended hours, including weekdays, weekends, and some holidays, and be willing to perform administrative functions for the office.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Must have excellent time management skills, able to work independently, and able to respond to inquiries
Additional desired experience and skills:
- An associate’s degree, any discipline from an accredited college or university or at least 3 years of experience as a professional trainer or facilitator.
- Should have prior experience providing Military Servicemembers (Active, Reserve, National Guard), family members, and Veterans a comprehensive understanding of preparing for civilian employment, job searching, job application processes, networking, technical training opportunities, credentialing, and assistance in preparing for civilian employment and participation in technical programs and schools.
If you are interested in supporting and working with our military and a passionate Serco team- then submit your application now for immediate consideration. It only takes a few minutes and could change your career!
**Serco Inc. is using this posting for the purpose of building a talent pipeline of qualified candidates for future anticipated growth. This position is not a funded/active opening. Should the position become funded/active, qualified candidates will be invited to re-apply to the updated posting.**
Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military, numerous U.S. Federal civilian agencies, the Intelligence Community, the Canadian government, state and local governments, and commercial clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco Americas has approximately 8,000 employees and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset - we listen, respect and support them throughout their career at Serco. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying our workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).