- Overview of Position
We are seeking a Domestic Violence Project Coordinator who is able to work in both project management and team orientation. The Coordinator will be responsible for the coordination of all activities related to the Department of Justice Domestic Violence Grant nad related campus programs.
This is a full-time, grant-funded position.
- Examples of Duties
- Assist Project Director in the creation of a strategic plan to meet deadlines set forth by the grant
- Oversee the day to day operations of the Center for Violence Prevention
- Work with internal and external partners to revise and update action plans
- Work closely with finance department to manage grant budget, expenditures and expenses
- Work with project director to prepare all necessary compliance documentation and reports
- Work with the Director of Institutional Research in the design and distribution of the campus climate survey
- Work with the project director to develop/coordinate training curriculum to orient new students and staff to referral services
- Oversee the implementation of all training sessions for students and/or staff, ensure the delivery of training sessions and presentations, provide community education seminars to students, faculty and staff on sexual assault, domestic and dating violence and stalking
- Design and get OVW approval on promotional and communication plan
- Monitor and follow time lines for activities as established by the grant
- Conduct comprehensive baseline and periodic assessments of the plan/program
- Work with the director to recruit internal and external candidates to participate on grant required advisory boards and task forces
- Arrange meetings with internal/external partners and advisory board members to coordinate grant activities
- Work with College Community and External Partners to coordinate referral and follow-up services for victims
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred
- Knowledge of domestic and partner violence, sexual assault and stalking required
- Excellent computer, written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to details
- Ability to work under strict guidelines and changing priorities with minimal supervision
- Must possess and maintain a valid NJ Driver's License
There are a variety of benefits available to full-time employees at Passaic County Community College, including health, dental, retirement, life insurance, and voluntary supplemental retirement annuities.
Health benefits are administered through the State of New Jersey Division of Pensions and Benefits. The carrier for dental benefits is Horizon Blue Cross / Blue Shield of New Jersey.