Under the direction of the Development Annual Fund Manager, this position is responsible for content creation and management of Development donor communication and fundraising projects. The Donor Communications Specialist creates engaging copy of quarterly fundraising solicitations and 10-12 articles (each) for quarterly newsletters targeted to donors. The Development Communications Specialist also effectively manages several simultaneous projects. This is a multi-dimensional role that provides the Development department with strategic and tactical implementation of print and digital fundraising campaigns and donor communication to annual fund donors (donors giving under $5,000), employee donors and major donors. Communication strategies include: websites, email and print campaigns, event marketing, community engagement/acquisition events, social media, online ads, and other online tools. The position plays a critical role working closely with the Annual Fund Manager and other members of the team to understand the vision and strategies for their respective programs, supporting their efforts and making recommendations based on data, best practices, and analysis. The Donor Communications Specialist collaborates with consultants and contractors to ensure all Development activities are implemented within deadline and at a high level of quality. This person also analyzes the process workflows, and when appropriate, develops strategies to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of their principal responsibilities.
1. Manage internal resources (including other departments), vendors and consultant for flawless execution of projects.
2. Research, gather and write content, review, edit and produce communications and receive approval for external donor-focused vehicles
including enewsletter, Journal and solicitations.
3. Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
4. Project manage and execute digital media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities including:
a. Develop relevant content topics to reach the Foundation’s target audience.
b. Create, curate and manage all published content (images, video and written).
c. Create social media posts that are brand-consistent with external communications.
d. Oversee design (ie: Facebook Timeline cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, etc.).
e. Monitor, listen and respond to users in a “Social” way while cultivating leads and donors.
f. Develop and expand community and/or influencer outreach efforts.
g. Design, create and manage promotions and Social ad campaigns. h. Analyze key metrics and tweak strategy as needed.
5. Drive multiple projects to execution. Provide direction and oversight throughout the project lifecycle to project team to meet applicable project
6. Manage execution of email communication with annual fund and event donors.
7. Adhere to compliance with policies and procedures in responsibilities such as release forms signed for any photos/articles, as necessary and
file with Communications Department.
8. Revise processes and procedures as needed to improve efficiency and work flow.
9. Serve as a proofreader/editor for materials.
10. Other duties as assigned.