Coordinates all activities related to donor referral telephone calls. Inputs data in the computerized data tracking system. Responsible for the management of incoming calls. Assists in building security by managing entry and access to building. Coordinates activities with funeral home directors, medical examiners, and coroners. Once employees masters screening and intake this position transitions to a Family Support Specialist. As a Family Support Specialist this position communicates with NOK(next of kin)/family members via telephone regrading wishes to participate in tissue donation on behalf of loved ones. They will review options and pertinent recovery details with potential authorizing persons.
Essential Job Functions- Screening:
1. Answer all incoming calls and complete medical documentation and data entry related to all calls.
2. Determine if CONNECTLIFE has access to the referring agency’s EMR information.
3. Obtain and gather all pertinent patient information and medical history from referring organization during initial call if ConnectLife does not have access to referring agency’s EMR information.
4. Gather the required initial information from referral source to allow for further investigation of possible donor suitability.
5. Accurately document all information clearly and concisely.
6. Thoroughly and accurately investigate patient information and medical history from EMR and other patient information sources, i.e. HealtheLink, HealtheConnections and any other available source including Primary Care Providers, Physician Specialists and Family/NOK when necessary.
8. Communicate with the referring source to place the potential donor on hold until NOK/Family can be approached when a donor is found to be eligible/suitable for donation
9. Coordinate and process external agency referrals in accordance with standard operating procedures.
10. Assists in building security by coordinating visitor identification and access to building in the absence of the receptionist.
Essential Job functions- Calling NOK/family members :
1. After receiving a referral from staff, evaluate, investigate and confirm information is complete and accurate. Verify any information necessary before approach call.
2. Call NOK and obtain authorization while maintaining sensitivity, empathy and privacy. Review options with NOK and ask if they have any questions.
3. Thoroughly and accurately complete the Donor Risk Assessment interview (DRAI) in a timely manner while respecting NOK’s time. Assist in helping the NOK to understand why the questions are being asked. Remain engaged with the NOK to respect the privacy and sensitivity regarding the donor’s life and to the grief of the family.
4. Obtain clarification on the donor medical history from the NOK/Family if necessary.
5. Act as a resource for NOK/Family, Accurately document all information obtained.
• Day or night shift available
• 3- twelve hour shifts per week from 6:30am-6:30pm or 6:30pm-6:30am
• High school diploma required.
• Associates degree of higher preferred.
• Clinical, medical office, or social services experience preferred.
• Customer service experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to show compassion and provide guidance to grieving individuals over the phone
• Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills required (Must have clear, concise and pleasant phone voice), including communicating with diverse individuals.
• Must be adaptable and flexible to change with the ability to think critically in solving problems with a continuous focus on customer service.
• Experience screening telephone calls preferred.
• Proficiency in keyboarding, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and data entry preferred.
• Must be detail oriented, and have the ability to remain accurate while under pressure.
Sales Support Representative