At Alliance Oncology, our team members focus on transforming the patient experience and delivering exceptional quality care. Our commitment to patient care and excellence are reasons Alliance Oncology is a national leader in radiation oncology. It’s also the reason why Alliance is the partner of choice for hospitals, physicians, and other healthcare providers to whom we offer the latest oncology technologies and care.
ALLIANCE ONCOLOGY - DOSIMETRIST (REMOTE)
*TOMOTHERAPY EXPERIENCE IS A MUST
The Dosimetrist is professionally engaged at the interfaces between:
(i) The clinical requirements of patient treatment prescribed by the radiation oncologist;(ii) The physical requirements specified by the radiation oncology physicist for calibrating,designing, and executing the patient’s prescription; and(iii) The simulation and treatment delivery procedures implemented by the radiation therapist.
In addition to designing treatment plans that comply with the aforementioned factors, has a major responsibility for the accurate documentation and communication of all phases of this process for the entire radiation oncology team and the patient.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Consults with the radiation oncologist and/or radiation oncology physicist as necessary, and uses the data acquired during the simulation/planning process (CT, MRI, PET) to design a treatment technique and generate the Dosimetrist information requested by the radiation oncologist: meter-sets for delivery of the prescribed dose, and (when requested) two-dimensional or three-dimensional isodose plans.
- Directs the simulation staff as necessary to obtain the appropriate patient data, and directs the acquisition of tomographic image data (CT,MRI, PET).
- Documents and communicates all facets of the treatment plan to the treatment team, and assures that the appropriate documentation is placed in the patient’s chart. Assists with, or directs as necessary, the treatment set-up in order to ensure accurate implementation of the treatment plan.
- Assists with, and directs as necessary, the fabrication of beam modifying devices and patient immobilization and positioning devices.
- Participate in regular chart reviews, and assists with ongoing QA of the treatment process under the physicist’s supervision.
- Develops policies and procedures for the professional operation of the treatment planning section, and provides a positive, supportive and professional environment for medical Dosimetrist employees; ensures clear performance goals and consistent performance evaluations based on these goals and all applicable human resource standards.
- Coordinates the off-site and on-site applications training of staff when new equipment is installed, and supervises the training process to ensure productive use of the training resources. After the vendor’s applications training is complete, performs follow-up applications training / refresher sessions as necessary to ensure that the staff are able to utilize the full capabilities of the equipment.
- Associate's Degree or equivalent experience required.
- MDCB required.
- CPR Certification required.
- Minimum 1 year full-time experience as a medical Dosimetrist required, including treatment planning for external beam therapy using 3D conformal techniques, IMRT planning including inverse optimization, clinical simulation processes, and treatment chart documentation.
- Local travel may be required.
- The employee may be exposed to radioactive isotopes, ionizing radiation, and a strong magnetic field. May be exposed to radiation, blood/body fluids and infectious disease.
- More than 50% of the time:
- Sit, stand, walk.
- Repetitive movement of hands, arms and legs.
- See, speak and hear to be able to communicate with patients.
- Less than 50% of the time:
- Stoop, kneel or crawl.
- Climb and balance.
- Carry and lift (ability to move non-ambulatory patients from a sitting or lying position for transfer or to exam).
A division of Alliance HealthCare Services, we are an equal opportunity employer and we believe in strength through diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, status as a protected veteran, or disability.