Join the Radiation Health team at Knolls Atomic Power Laboratory! The Dosimetry Technician/Processor is an essential member of External Dosimetry. This small team processes dosimeters to determine the dose of record for the occupational workers throughout the Laboratory.
The primary duties of the Dosimetry Technician/Processor include dosimetry issue, dosimetry processing, dosimeter reader maintenance, prior exposure requests, trip report generation, records filing, shipping, and supply ordering. Secondary duties include Laboratory emergency response team support and cross-site team support.
The successful candidate will be required to become National Voluntary Laboratory Accreditation Program (NVLAP) certified as a Dosimetry Processor. The candidate will also be required to qualify as a Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program (NNPP) Radiation Worker.
Associate degree in technical discipline from an accredited college or university and a minimum of two years of relevant experience; or
High School diploma and a minimum of six years of relevant experience.
BS degree in technical discipline from an accredited college or university; or
Associate degree in technical discipline from an accredited college or university and a minimum of four years of relevant experience; or
High School diploma and a minimum of eight years of relevant experience.
Job Preferred Skills
- Familiarity with the proprietary ARCMIS database
- Experience operating or maintaining the Thermo Scientific Harshaw TLD Model 8800/8800 Plus readers
- Current NNPP Radiation Worker (or higher) qualification
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tool suite (Excel, Word, Access, Outlook, etc)
- Capable of performing basic machine repair on instrumentation (electrical and mechanical)
- Demonstrated attention to detail and able to follow documented procedures
- Radiation Worker--must be able to work with and around radioactive material or radioactive sources