Truck drivers support the initiative of providing exceptional customer service in a timely, professional and courteous manner. CMC’s truck drivers are responsible for the delivery of products to customers, contractors, and job sites while adhering to all company, state and federal regulations. This is an hourly position with a work schedule of Monday-Friday 7:00AM – 4:00PM. The right individual will be flexible in working hours that may extend beyond regular business hours. This is a local driving position out of Round Rock, which will allow you to be home every night!
CMC offers a $2000.00 sign-on bonus as well as training and development opportunities for employees to acquire and enhance new skills and knowledge. Advancement opportunities are also available for those who have the desire for professional growth. CMC’s competitive compensation and generous benefits package: medical, dental, vision, company paid life and disability, company matching 401(k) plan, employee stock purchase plan, and paid time off.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the delivery of products to customers, contractors, and job sites throughout the location’s geographic region.
- Inspect vehicle(s) for any safety or operational defects using DOT, maintenance and safety checklists and ensuring emergency equipment is in proper working order.
- Ensure vehicle is properly loaded and load secured and product is delivered safely and timely. Loading truck may require:
- Securing chains across the width of a trailer to secure the product, both on the bed of a trailer and in an overhead rack.
- Tarping of loads on trailers
- Dropping and hooking a trailer
- Set up a sideboard kit around the perimeter of the trailer floor.
Accurately complete corresponding delivery paperwork and work with production, sales and customers to communicate issues with loads and delivery time.
- Maintain logs of working hours or of vehicle service or repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations.
- Use of Electronic Logging Devices (ELD) during operation of vehicle; driver will be trained accordingly
- Drive trucks to weigh stations before and after loading and along routes to document weights and to comply with state regulations.
- Inventory and inspect goods to be moved to determine quantities and conditions.
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures related to all facets of job including proper wearing of company PPE.
Experience and Skill Requirements
- Minimum of one (1) years verifiable tractor/trailer over-the-road driving experience required
- CDL Class A Drivers License required
- CDL HAZMAT endorsement preferred
- No on-road preventable accidents during the past (3) years as shown on the Motor Vehicle Record (MVR)
- No more than one moving violation on the MVR in the previous three (3) years
- Must be flexible, variable schedule and overtime as necessary. No overnight driving.
- High school diploma or GED preferred but not required.