The DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis Downtown Hotel is seeking a dynamic, experienced Maintenance Engineer. This hotel offers 229 guest rooms and nearly 1,100 square feet of meeting/event space. A stay at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Minneapolis Downtown places you in the heart of Minneapolis, walking distance from Orpheum Theatre and State Theatre. This hotel is within close proximity of Nicollet Mall and Minneapolis Convention Center. If you are committed to providing guests and associates with a truly world-class hotel experience, then, we want to talk to you. We are a people-oriented company that has built a culture which creates a respectful, fair, safe, and pleasant workplace.
Job Title: Maintenance Engineer
Supervision Exercised: None
Supervision Received: Chief Engineer, Engineering Supervisor
The maintenance engineer is responsible for hotel guestroom preventive maintenance and assists in the repairs and
maintenance of hotel equipment.
• Respond to all guest’s requests in a timely and efficient manner.
• Complete work order requests in a timely manner.
• Maintain all mechanical areas in an orderly and clean condition.
• Inspect public areas daily for any issues.
• Repairs may include plumbing, electrical, heating, cooling, ventilation, furnishing and fixtures, painting, wall cover repairs, light
carpentry, door and window repairs.
• Maintain the Rooms Preventative Maintenance Program and consistently keep updated records on file.
• Have knowledge of swimming pool maintenance and chemicals.
• Effectively and professionally communicate with co-workers and supervisors. Follow company policies and procedures.
• Perform skilled repair and maintenance operations using power tools, hand tools, welding equipment.
• Maintain working spaces in safe and clean condition.
• Know hotels emergency procedures and where all emergency shut-offs are located.
• Assist hotel Guests when necessary in case of an emergency.
• Perform special projects assigned a time set for each project.
• Support environmental commitments by having the knowledge, skills and values to be a leader in the global goal of “greening” the
• Watch for safety hazard
• Be ready and willing to complete the job as necessary.
• High school graduate or equivalent
• Prior Maintenance experience
• Has thorough knowledge and understanding of general repairs and maintenance.
• Must possess very good interpersonal and communication skills; will be interfacing with a high percentage of guests as well as other
• Must be flexible to work all shifts, may be required to work overtime on occasion when the department is short of staff.
• The ability to listen, learn, be helpful in all situations and make the most sound decisions toward the resolution of a potential