Who we are and what we do...
Make more than money. Make a difference.
Chugach Government Solutions (CGS) and subsidiaries…
Our Mission is to set the standard for first-class business services in the global market. We offer an exciting work environment, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits.
CGS is a unique organization, capable of meeting the needs of the government through a long-range program of business planning, training, and sound business practices. CGS is the federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation (Chugach), one of the twelve original Native Regional Corporations formed under the Alaska Natives Claims Settlement Act of 1971. Chugach is privately owned by Alaska Natives, and stock is not publicly traded.
CGS is a seasoned government contractor providing a wide span of services to our federal customers with over 25 years of experience in the industry. We seek consistency in quality and actively innovate, finding new ways of doing business that adds value to our customers. CGS currently operates on Department of Defense installations sprinkled across the United States and at OCONUS locations spread across the globe. With 12 subsidiaries specializing in facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction, and education services, CGS offers a unique depth of services equipped to support the most critical missions.
EEO/AA Employer; Shareholder Hire Preference.
Preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Chugach shareholders, spouses and descendants, and shareholders of other Alaska Native Corporations. Chugach makes every effort to identify, hire, train, and promote shareholders.Chugach is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. CGS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Summary/General Description Of Job:
Incumbent performs drafting work requiring knowledge and skill in drafting methods, procedures, and techniques, using computer-assisted drafting (CAD) equipment and software.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Prepares complete sets of detail drawings from sketches, notes and verbal information supplied by engineers, architects and designers.
- Updates as-builts from drawing redlines and vendor submittal drawings.
- Revisions to existing drawings or computer models may be assigned with a verbal explanation of the desired results; more complex revisions are produced from sketches, computer models or specifications which clearly depict the desired product.
- Utilizing knowledge of drawing standards and best practices to ensure symbols, legends, shadings, asset numbers and lines having specific meanings in construction drawings.
- Incumbent independently resolves drafting problems encountered.
- Promotes quality and customer service.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- The proper use of tools and/or equipment commonly used in the drafting field.
- Completing all mandated training requirements per government and management directives.
- Timely completion and accuracy of all departmental work.
- Dealing with a variety of people in a professional, courteous manner in diversified situations.
- Adherence to established company safety policies and good industrial and office safety practices.
- Compliance with company Standard Operating Procedures and Personnel policies and procedures.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience, Professional Associations):
- High school education or equivalent.
- Formal technical drafting course of study and three (3) years drafting work experience.
- One (1) additional year of relevant drafting work experience may be substituted for the post high school drafting courses.
- Working knowledge of drafting practices in at least one (1) engineering discipline.
- Proficiency utilizing Bentley Microstation CAD software
- Valid state driver’s license with acceptable driving record
- Ability to successfully pass any background checks and/or drug testing required on the contract.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Secret security clearance.
- Associates’s degree in engineering technology, construction, drafting or closely related field
- Ability to manage, control, and use a multiple station CAD system
- Proficiency utilizing Autodesk Civil 3D
- Possess current clearance at a SECRET level or above