Atlas Technologies, a rapidly expanding company supporting the US Military and other Government entities, is seeking a passionate, flexible, highly motivated team player to join our group of Information Technology professionals. If you are comfortable in intense fast paced environments, can think on your feet, and excel in team-based collaborative efforts, then this may be the right fit for you.
- Candidate will create and modify detailed drawings using industry standard AutoCAD drafting software.
- Candidate will be responsible for converting shipbuilder construction drawings into Coast Guard Selected Record Drawings (SRDs) while ensuring compliance with applicable Coast Guard standards
- Task may include converting drawing title blocks, removing revision notes and markings to create a baseline ‘Initial Release’ drawing, updating tables, text and dimensions.
- Tasks may also include consolidating data from several drawings into one master drawing, marking drawings as superseded or cancelled, designating applicability either for entire drawings, or sheets and views within drawings.
- Candidate will work closely with subject matter experts to ensure data captured in the drawings accurately reflects installed condition on various platforms and may include extracting information from a Shipalt Installation Drawing (SID) into the applicable SRD.
- Candidate may be required to travel to conduct site surveys for the purpose of recording as-built configuration to validate drawing accuracy.
- U.S. Citizenship
- A SECRET security clearance.
- Experience with proper use of ModelSpace/PaperSpace, viewports and scaling in AutoCAD and Visio.
- Experience with attributes and block creation and manipulation.
- Strong oral and/or writing skills that enable the individual to clearly communicate will all levels of employees, management and organizations.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to quality.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask and balance multiple goals and priorities.
- Ability to work with others in a highly collaborative environment.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- A certificate in Mechanical or Electrical Drafting or 5+ years’ experience in mechanical, electrical, or similar drafting.
- Experience collecting data, creating reports, and using DoD and/or Coast Guard processes.
We’d Be Impressed If You Had:
- Experience with design, drafting, operation or installation of shipboard electronic systems, especially for the U.S. Coast Guard, a plus.
- Knowledge of shipboard terminology, welding symbology, structural shapes, cables, connectors, (any or all) a plus.
What is Atlas, you ask?
Atlas is a fast-growing information technology services company servicing a range of DoD customers. Our core values directly contribute to our success and growth. Atlas enjoys success by combining nimble management, a top-notch technical team, and unequaled customer service. We are extremely passionate about our platform, as well as our relationships among our team and with our customers.
Life at Atlas
Our focus can be summed up succinctly – To create a positive impact for our clients, community, and country, we integrate reliable, intuitive IT solutions for the warfighter.
Atlas offers you:
Growth potential and ability to lead change
Company leadership that believes in learning, teaching, passion, and flexibility
Challenging, motivating and fun work environment
Company culture that is guided by our core values
Agile product management methodologies with minimal process overhead
Atlas is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability, pregnancy, childbirth or protected veteran status. Visit our careers site to apply and join our growing team of professionals. Visit us on Facebook and Glassdoor to learn more about Atlas.