Artech is currently seeking to add to the below position
Position: Drafter with oil and Gas Pipeline Industry
Location: Houston, TX 77002
Duration: 12+ months'
- The Drafting Coordinator provides support, guidance and quality control of internal and third-party drafting deliverables while confirming adherence to client specification and standards.
- The Drafting Coordinator may also perform functions of a Drafter to produce engineering (i.e. PFD's, P&ID's, etc.) and/or as-built drawings and assist in the creation/update of engineering and design standard drawings.
- Research, gather and compile all applicable drawings.
- Check-in/check-out project related drawings and coordinate with project teams on the concurrent use of a drawing(s) by two or more projects.
- Collaborate with internal project teams on drawing deliverables to meet assigned project(s) schedule(s) and confirm drafting content.
- Perform QA/QC (confirm quality and completeness) of internal and third-party drawing deliverables during design and as-built phases for conformance to client drafting standards.
- Coordinate with internal and external designers and drafters the delivery of construction and as-built drawing(s).
- Plan, prioritize, track and archive drawings through the project life cycle.
- Provide direction and guidance to third-party engineering and drafting service providers on client drafting standards.
- Participate in design review meetings, if required.
- Work with Engineers and field personnel to ensure that changes have been properly incorporated into all affected drawings.
- Must have proficiency using Auto-Cad to create engineering drawings for facility construction utilizing client standards and specifications.
- Must have proficiency to review redlines and update/modify existing drawings and ensure that changes have been properly incorporated into all affected drawings.
- Communicate redline discrepancies to project teams and work with project teams and field operations to resolve issues.
- As required, develop/update as-built mechanical and civil/structural drawings for engineering design projects to include but not limited to P&ID's, Piping Plans & Sections, Piping Isometrics, Bills of Material, Grading Plans & Details, Structural Plans, Sections, and Details.
Please apply on our company website (www.artechinfo.com) with reference to job ID, or contact me at Pradeep.V@artech.com / Cell : 415-735-9884
- Document coordination and electronic document management system experience is a must.
- Must have 6+ years of mechanical drafting work experience, Oil & Gas industry experience preferred. Operator experience preferred.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD is a must.
- Experience with enterprise information management (OpenText) software is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of standard drafting techniques, procedures and related software required.
- Ability to independently oversee project drawing lifecycles.
- Practical understanding and interpretation of drawings in multiple disciplines.
- Practical understanding of mechanical, pneumatic and electrical systems.
- Knowledge of both 2-D and 3-D drawing technologies preferred.
- Knowledge of trends in Auto-CAD technology and application of that technology.
- Ability to demonstrate ability to multitask on several projects at once.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment with others and be a self-starter.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to process information and make decisions under tight deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrates understanding and support of company initiatives and direction.
- Seeks out and identifies continuous improvement opportunities, champions implementation.
Team Lead – Staffing
Artech Information Systems LLC
360 Mt. Kemble Avenue, Suite 2000 | Morristown, NJ 07960
Office: 973.507.7539 / Cell : 415-735-9884 | Fax: 973.998.2599
Email: Pradeep.V@artech.com | Website: www.artech.com
About Artech Information Systems LLC
Artech is an employer-of-choice for the last 25 years to over 7,500 consultants across the globe. We recruit top-notch talent for over 70 Fortune and Government clients coast-to-coast across the U.S., India, and China. We are #1 Largest Woman-Owned IT Staffing Firm in the US and this may be your opportunity to join us! For more check: www.artechinfo.com
Connect with Artech through Social Media
Learn more about our company including the latest events at Artech, new job opportunities, jobseeker tips, and more. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, and YouTube