TRAX Test Services
Job Title: Drafter (Communications Drafter II)
Job Code: 2018:0402-132
Location: Yuma Proving Ground, AZ
FT/PT Status: Full Time
Business Sector: 097 – Range Communications
Generates and maintains Computer Aided Design (CAD) drawings for Range Communications. Utilizes drawing applications such as AutoCAD to produce drawings of inside and outside plant communications infrastructure. Prepares engineering drawings of facilities: including floor plan, rack locations, equipment locations, and connectivity of equipment. Performs inside and outside plant site surveys. Maintains central communication drawing repository. Generates schematics for Range Engineering projects. Assists with tasks associated with communication upgrade projects. Provides vendor support for Range Communication projects as required.
Performs other duties as required to complete the assigned mission. This position is covered under the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Pay Rate: $20.10/hour
• Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum of two (2) years CAD experience OR one (1) year experience as a Communications Drafter I OR an Associate’s Degree or Certification in CAD technology from an accredited institution with one (1) year experience.
Job Skills Requirements:
• Proficient at generating communication related CAD drawings.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug screening and physical and periodic retests.
• Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for work tasks assigned.
• Must be capable of working in extreme weather conditions including summer temperatures peaking around 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs unassisted.
• Must meet the physical requirements necessary to perform operations outlined, performed, and stated in the SOPs for Range Communications.
• Must possess a valid driver's license, without special restrictions.
• Must have dependable transportation and a dependable means of communication.
• Must be able speak, write, read, and understand English.
• Must have a well-mannered customer service attitude.
• Must be willing to cross-train in other areas.
• Must use “down-time” effectively to the benefit of test, self, and company.
• Must be punctual, responsible, and dependable.
• Must demonstrate motivation, initiative, and reliability.
• Must be adaptable, flexible, and able to adjust to new or changing instructions.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to follow instructions and company policy.
• Must be able to deliver quality products to the customer and be responsive to their needs.
• Must be well organized with attention to detail for completing assignments.
• Must be safety and security conscious, complying with rules and policies.
• Must be able to work both as part of a team and independently.
• Must be able to work all shifts, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed, sometimes on short notice, to support test missions.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
• One (1) year GPS survey experience.
Terms of Employment & Eligibility Requirements:
• Must be a U.S. Citizen and not hold multiple citizenships.
• Must possess or be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
• Must be a current TRAX employee or affiliate subcontractor for internal postings.
**Relevance of experience to be determined by hiring manager.
The lists above are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills
required of personnel in this position. TRAX International reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary.
Closing Date: Open until filled.
Other Job Information:
• TRAX International, Test Services Division, participates in E-Verify.
• TRAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
• TRAX Test Services promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment
drug testing and on-going random drug testing, as per applicable State Laws.
• Must be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
Opened on the Web: October 16, 2018
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
Please visit the TRAX Test Services website www.traxintl.com and submit your online application.