Req. ID: 135153
Do you want to be part of a team that drives business and builds cutting edge technology? A team where quality is not just about customer satisfaction but also impacts life safety?
Micron’s Global Quality team collaborates with every department across Micron on the full spectrum of the company’s product portfolio, from memory and storage solutions for cell phones to the technology needed to make vehicles see, think, and act autonomously. For automotive products, especially, Best-in-Class quality and reliability is critical.
As a member of the Global Quality team, you will be a guardian of Micron’s brand. You will innovate creative solutions to prevent problems with product performance before they occur and minimize the impact when they do. You’ll also be on the frontlines of significant customer issues. In all you do, you’ll demonstrate your technical knowledge and creativity to deliver efficient and effective solutions.
Does this sound like the right team for you? Good news. We’re hiring
As a DRAM and Emerging Memory Quality and Reliability Assurance (DEMQRA)Returned Material Authorization (RMA) Engineer at Micron Technology, Inc., you will be responsible for leading and tracking the formal Failure Analysis (FA) of customer-returned product. You will summarize analysis at the electrical and physical level, identifying root cause, and establishing an associated containment plan. In this role you will work with various engineering and manufacturing groups to evaluate and implement corrective actions (CAs) for the identified issues. You will also be required to regularly communicate Failure Analysis results to customers as well as other Micron engineering and manufacturing teams. Additionally, you will need to sustain knowledge of device capabilities and characteristics along with a basic understanding of the associated manufacturing processes.
The DEMQRA RMA Engineer demonstrates the ability to handle multiple customers and takes care of multiple issues at one time, while providing detailed and timely follow-up between all applicable internal organizations at Micron.
Manage Failure Analysis of Customer Concerns
- Understand the customer complaint as it relates to the DRAM component or module
- When not already provided, initiate contact with customer or customer representative to identify specific failing conditions
- Lead and direct initial bench level, system level, and ATE level analysis and interpret results
- Coordinate detailed component level analysis (electrical (EFA) and physical (PFA)) and interpret results
Manage Communication of Results with Manufacturing and Engineering Teams
- Review feedback/Corrective Action (CA) from various manufacturing areas
- Ask follow-up questions as necessary to provide an adequate customer response
- Translate results to a customer friendly format
- Analyze data from various sources for trends and variations
- Communicate the needed process improvements
Provide FA Reports to External Customers
- Summarize the RMA background and FA results
- Identify the root cause and potential improvements for use in reports
- Identify and provide containment information associated risk assessment
- Generate both interim and final FA reports for customer consumption
- Provide customer support for ongoing questions/concerns related to the FA report
Maintain Knowledge of Device Capabilities and Characteristics
- Understand the latest process technology
- Recognize differences from previous technology nodes with the associated risks
- Understand the datasheets specifications for each device
- Stay up-to-date on common customer DRAM applications
- Partner with field support teams to understand ongoing customer status
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Engineering – Electrical / Computer
You will have:
- Deep understanding of DRAM Structure/Function and Electrical Characteristics
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good individual work habits
- You will work effectively in multi-functional teams
- Strong attention to detail
- You will have the ability to handle occasional high stress situations in a professional manner
- Willing to work occasional abnormal hours to provide support for overseas customers or technical teams at other Micron sites
- You will have an understanding of computer and other electronic hardware architectures
- Statistical data analysis
- Familiarity with JMP or similar statistical analysis software
- Programming experience with Python/Perl or C
As the leader in innovative memory solutions, Micron is helping the world make sense of data by delivering technology that is transforming how the world uses information. Through our global brands — Micron, Crucial and Ballistix — we offer the industry’s broadest portfolio. We are the only company manufacturing today’s major memory and storage technologies: DRAM, NAND, NOR and 3D XPoint™ memory. Our solutions are purpose built to leverage the value of data to unlock financial insights, accelerate scientific breakthroughs and enhance communication around the world.
Employee Rewards Program, Healthcare, Paid time off (Combined Sick and Vacation Time), Retirement savings plans, Paid maternity/paternity leave, Employee Assistance Program, Professional development training, Workplace wellness programs, Micron Health Clinic (Boise only), Fitness Center / Activity rooms (Boise only), Tuition Reimbursement, Micron Corporate Discounts, Casual Dress attire.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Keywords: Boise || Idaho (US-ID) || United States (US) || Quality || College || Regular || Engineering || #LI-MW1 ||