Freight Management, Inc is a certified Veteran-Owned Logistics Services Provider with over 40 years in the transportation industry. We help our clients save money by leveraging our proprietary My Freight Manager transportation management technology (TMS) and our professional staff. Crafted to help our client's work smarter today and forever after our TMS also features Draydex, which positions itself as the most accurate drayage spot-market index for every rail and port in the US. We provide unparalleled drayage and container management services, truckload brokerage, and managed services throughout North America.
Responsible for establishing and growing professional B2B dealings specializing in the movement of Import/Export Containers. Assisting our clients navigate the tumultuous environment of drayage pricing, accessorial charges, per diem, and storage this position requires a healthy understanding of both carrier services and client needs.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Contact Freight Forwarders, NVOCCs, etc. to promote FMI's system Draydex along with a full range of drayage and intermodal transportation services.
- Email, call, and visit (local only) clients to ensure service satisfaction.
- Guard the integrity of contractual obligations maintain ubiquitous awareness of client need and operational impact.
- Provide updates/reports to Management as requested.
- Experience in the Import/Export Service Industry,e. Freight Forwarder / NVOCC
- Capable of quickly learning new technology
- Ability to rapidly prioritize, swiftly change focus, and stay organized in a fast-paced situation
- Driven to achieve individual results without being micro-managed
- Ability to interact with all levels of management
- Self-motivated & effective time manager
- Proficient in American English: Written and Spoken. Multi-lingual is a plus.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, conflict resolution, and process skills.
Benefits & Wages
- Full time position with a 40,000 to 45,000 base salary, full benefits, and an aggressive, uncapped commission structure ensure immediate peace-of-mind.
- After 60 days, position offers benefits including: Health; Dental; Life Insurance; and, both long & short-term disability.
- Retirement 401k matching available after 6 months.
Freight Management Inc. has a GI Bill Apprenticeship Program. If you are eligible for GI Bill benefits, you may use those benefits while you are training in an apprenticeship program for 12 months.
Apprenticeship program participants receive wages from an employer and GI Bill benefits at the same time