Position Summary: The Driver, CDL is responsible for driving a truck of more than 3 tons to deliver, relocate and pick up units from job sites. Performs set-ups and knockdowns, installs VAPS, and maintains service and safety of units during transportation. The Driver, CDL is expected to fully comply with all Williams Scotsman policies and all relevant laws and regulations. Success in this role will be dependent on the ability to make time sensitive deliveries and installs and providing professional customer service.
Responsibilities of the Driver, CDL include, but are not limited to:
- Conducts business in compliance with all Williams Scotsman Safety, Transportation, and environmental Policies.
- Attends periodic safety meetings
- Inspect truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water to ensure road worthiness.
Fleet & Efficient Use of Resources
- Deliver, relocate and remove units from job sites, hauling all products from storage containers to wide-loads. Majority of deliveries and pick ups are local.
- Maintain a clean driver’s record and diligent attention to safety.
- Set-ups and knockdowns of units, which includes blocking, leveling and anchoring of the trailers during delivery, removal of blocking material and anchoring during pickup. Installs tie downs when ordered.
- Loads and unloads the truck. This includes assisting with the loading and unloading of steps, pads and piers.
- Maintain truck log according to state and federal regulations.
- Maintain all paperwork, ensuring customer signatures are collected, and daily logs are complete and handed to the dispatcher.
- Maintain constant contact with the dispatcher to receive pickup and delivery instructions, and keep them informed of any safety or vehicle issues.
- Perform emergency roadside repairs such as changing tires, installing light bulbs, fuses, tire chains, and spark plugs.
- Installs VAPS (Value Added Products and Services) on site.
- May be assigned all duties pertaining to Service Tech (see JD) as business dictates.
- Ensure On Time in Full Deliveries and Returns.
- As a critical part of the offering a strong service offering to our customers, always acting in a professional manner.
- Additional certs required by the client.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment is a must.
Some knowledge of computers is necessary and good communications skills are required for dealing with customers, sales people, contractors, shop personnel as well as William Scotsman employees at various branch locations.
- Previous commercial driving experience hauling wide-loads preferred.
- A current valid CDL license and a good driving record are required.
- Experience with set-up and knock down is preferred.
- An up to date DOT and Physical card is required.
- Complete driver qualification from previous employer experience is required.
Abilities and Other Requirements:
Capacity to perform work in a variety of work environments from a professional office environmentto branch shop environment to customer construction sites is required. Must be able to use standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and fax machines. In order to perform the essential functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, and to move about the various work environments to train, monitor and ensure compliance with all company requirements, including safety.
Additional physical requirements include:
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. regularly on a daily basis.
- Ability to work outdoors in extreme weather conditions
- Ability to work with a variety of hand tools in a proficient manner
- Ability to climb a ladder up to 25 feet
- Ability to drive/travel in truck for multiple hours on a daily basis
- Eyesight and Auditory Skills must be sufficient to meet safety expectations of the position.
- Ability to stand and perform manual labor for multiple hours on a daily basis.
- Pass drug test
- Physical evaluation
- Background check
The employee must be able to verbally communicate with employees, co-workers and customers in person and by phone. The employee must also be able to travel to various work environments.