EBP Supply Solutions, a leading provider of Cleaning and Food Service supplies and services to commercial institutions, is currently seeking experienced Drivers (Class A/B) to join our team in Milford, CT. As part our transportation team, this position is responsible for the transportation of products to customer locations.
Reports to: Transportation Manager
Location(s): Milford, CT
Compensation: Based on Experience
- Drives truck to deliver company product to customer locations in a timely manner;
- Proper unloading selection (selection of correct product from truck, processing returns, completing all required paperwork) and delivery (timely & accurate delivery to all local and regional customers within existing route structures) of all products ensuring customer satisfaction;
- Complete adherence to all safe driving and safe working practices as well as DOT regulations;
- Invoice processing and money collection from customer accounts;
- As needed, assists with loading and unloading material at the branch and customer locations (forklift, pump jack and two wheel hand truck operation experience is a plus);
- Maintain delivery vehicle in clean, good working condition as well as maintains accurate mileage data, daily driver logs and vehicle inspection sheets.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE MUST ALSO HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- 1-2 years verifiable driving experience with a valid DOT Class A/B Driver’s license, Hazmat endorsements and an excellent driving record (2 years with a clean driving record);
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos;
- Ability to write simple correspondence;
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of distribution and transportation industry.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Commitment to company values.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
The Company offers a competitive compensation package that is commensurate with experience as well as a broad range of benefits (Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug, Life Ins., Short & Long Term Disability Ins., EAP, Educational Assistance Program, etc..), and a 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
Minority & Women Applicants are Encouraged to Apply
Tanker Truck Driver