Presently we are searching for a qualified Truck Driver to join our team. The qualified candidate would be able to provide reliable and courteous transportation service to customers with safety a top priority; to provide a communication link between customers and our company; to operate and maintain assigned vehicle and equipment and company records as required.
PSC Metals, LLC (www.pscmetals.com) is one of the most experienced and largest scrap metal processors in North America providing services for more than a century to both generators and consumers of scrap. PSC Metals has locations across North America including Ohio, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia and Alabama.
PSC Metals, LLC offers a medical package, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k - Company match, holidays, personal days, vacation, STD/LTD and competitive wages.
In addition, provides company uniforms and PPE required safety equipment.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performing daily pre-trip and post-trip inspections on vehicle and equipment used; perform minor maintenance tasks on the vehicles when necessary; ensuring that periodic scheduled vehicle maintenance is completed and reported as required.
- Operates assigned vehicle and equipment in a safe and courteous manner.
- Maintains defensive driving
- Reads and interprets maps and driving directions to plan the most efficient route service for customers, and reads and interprets road signs in English
- Keep the assigned vehicle and equipment clean inside and outside
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date records, vehicle maintenance, fuel purchases, incident reports, accident reports, vehicle condition reports and other records that are requested from management
- Serves as a positive role model in appearance and professionalism while providing transportation services
- Performs other duties as required or requested
EDUCATION/WORK EXPERIENCE/SUPERVISORY/MGMT EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum High School Diploma / GED is required
- Minimum two (2) years work experience as a truck driver
- Requires CDL-A license
DECISION MAKING/PROBLEM SOLVING/INDEPENDENCE OF ACTION:
- Decisions generally affect own job or specific functional area.
- Problems encountered are routine, somewhat repetitive and generally solved by following clear directions and procedures.
- Work progress is closely monitored by Supervisor/Manager. Detailed instructions and procedures are generally provided
FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY/PHYSICAL/ENVIROMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Exposed to all weather elements and physical conditions
- Specific physical requirements and/or environmental exposures are an essential part of the job
- Safety - PPE requires includes steel toed shoes, hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, earplugs, gloves, etc...