Responsible for driving and delivery of pre-ordered product to assigned accounts and for rotating and stocking product.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Check accuracy and stability of the load
- Deliver products to customers
- Merchandise, display and rotate products according to company standards
- Invoice and collect monies due
- Pick up company property
- Secure company assets
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and company policies and procedures
- Settle all accounts daily
- Other projects or duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- Must be at least 21 years of age with 1 year of Class A commercial driving experience or equivalent driving experience in the military.
- You must maintain an acceptable driving record in compliance with DOT requirements.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form, ability to write simple correspondence, ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization, ability to effectively communicate with the shift supervisor, co-workers and other departments on work-related issues in a timely manner.
- Position must pass a post offer drug test, and background check.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Experience with a handheld ordering device, prior grocery store experience, including stocking, product handling, and local delivery and unloading experience.
- Prior customer service experience preferred.
- Experience in beverage delivery preferred.
- Local delivery experience preferred
- Prior grocery store and/or consumer products experience a plus.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Must have the ability to repetitively lift, pull and push 50+ pounds, reach above head height, stand, walk, kneel, bend and reach.
- Frequently stand, walk, reach with hands and arms
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free Workplace.