Purpose of the Job:
The overall purpose of this job is the safe and timely transportation of Immanuel Pathways participants, under the supervision of the Transportation Supervisor. In addition to transporting participants, the primary responsibilities of this job also include the Driver to transport meals, durable medical equipment, pharmacy, and any other items deemed necessary. The Driver is responsible for the overall cleanliness and safety of the vehicle assigned on a daily basis. Responsible for communicating any safety issue to the Transportation Supervisor. Be capable of, and experienced in, transporting individuals with special mobility needs. Supports and lives out Immanuel’s Mission and CHRIST Promises.
Requirements of Job:
- Be legally authorized (currently licensed or if applicable, certified or registered) to practice the job’s functions and actions in the respective state in which he/she is resides or is employed.
- Only act within the scope of his/her authority to practice in the respective state in which he/she is employed.
- Agree to abide by the philosophy, practices, and protocols of the PACE organization
- Job specific competencies for the Driver will be met prior to assuming participant care.
- Incumbent may be asked to cover for a counterpart at a different PACE Pathways site on a fill-in basis for a short duration.
Key Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
Transporting Participants & Items
Scheduling & Maintenance
Perform other duties as required or requested
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- One (1) year of experience working with the frail or elderly population is preferred.
- One (1) year of commercial driving experience is preferred.
- Must have medical clearance for communicable diseases and up-to-date immunizations before having direct participant contact.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid Driver’s License in the respective state in which he/she resides and in Iowa, must have a chauffer’s license or ability to obtain one within 14 days of employment.
- Must have an acceptable record from the respective state’s Motor Vehicle Department in which the individual’s license was issued.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Skills i.e. Health Care Level Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR); Automated External Defibrillator (AED); First Aide (FA).
- Must be able to successfully pass a DOT Medical Exam and obtain a DOT Medical Examiner’s Certificate.
- Hiring is contingent on successfully passing a DOT Medical Exam and obtaining DOT Medical Examiner’s Certificate.
KSA- Knowledge Skills and Abilities-
- Knowledge of safety requirements pertaining to the transportation industry
- Skilled in identifying and recommending problem resolution.
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with participants, co-workers, and the public.
- Skilled in developing and maintaining good interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to chart via Electronic Health Records.
- Proven experience and basic computer proficiency (internet, email, Microsoft Office).
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to deal professionally and diplomatically with people.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in an emergency situation.
- Ability to be flexible and able to coordinate multiple tasks at once.
- Ability to read and understand maps and/or routing information to navigate within the service area.
- Ability to handle information in a confidential manner at all times.
- Depending on location, may be required to have proof of insurance and reliable
means of transportation.