Primary Purpose and Essential Functions: Lead a fleet of 10+ drivers and manage driver availability to maximize productivity of their fleet. Routinely review P/L for assigned area and find ways to maximize profitability.
- Develop high performing drivers through daily interactions, coaching and positive reinforcement.
- Meet drive home time expectations by actively managing expectations and keeping commitments.
- Maximize P/L for all assigned tractors and trailers.
- Collaborate with Planner(s) and assign drivers to lanes that best serve both the company and the driver.
- Ensure all drivers are treated with respect and equitably distribute work (desired lanes/least desired lanes).
- Build and nurture long-lasting relationships with drivers.
- Proactively manage safety performance to achieve insurance and claims cost as a percentage of revenue targets.
- Ensure payroll accuracy for assigned drivers.
- Perform driver reviews according to scheduled specified by Driver Retention.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner which facilitates the success of business operations in order to meet company demands and expectations and perform other duties as assigned by leadership.
- Proactively work to assist others in achieving the organization's objectives.
- Skills: Must be able to lead others. Must possess exceptional communication skills. Must be able to multi-task. Must be able to work in high pressure situations in a fast paced environment.
- Education: Associates degree in Business or related field, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience required. Bachelor's preferred.
- Experience Required: 2+ years' in Operations and/or Planning and/or Customer Accounts required.