Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Ensures Health & Safety are the number on goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Drive and operate semi-vans, roll-off trailers and dump trailers as required.
- Reports to HT designated dispatchers, is given daily instruction to move trailers consisting of customers materials, either to a disposal site or client yard/facility.
- Prior to driving transportation equipment/ prepares for daily trip by inspecting vehicle and equipment, fueling truck, and ensuring all equipment is in excellent operating order.
- Completes manifests or bill of lading documents, company issued forms, and other marking and placarding documents for every load managed. Inspects all drums/container on loads that they have the proper labels and markings.
- Maintains logbook for DOT compliance and state and federal regulations.
- Drives to the customer site to collect waste material and/or transport hazardous and non-hazardous waste material to facility for unloading and disposal.
- Acts as Company representative with courtesy towards customer.
- Loads drums, or freight and is capable of lining roll off boxes and dump trailers.
- Some travel required.
Heritage believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the incumbent nor the company to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: Three years of Class A CDL driving experience required.
Knowledge and Abilities: Ability to wear personal protective equipment, including respirator. Good interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate with internal and external contacts. Ability to understand RCRA compliance standards and OSHA safety regulations and DOT Regulations. Class A CDL w/ hazmat endorsement. Ability to obtain tanker endorsements as required. Must meet Heritage driving qualifications.
A post offer drug screen will be required.
EEO including disability/veteran