The Driver Recruiter will report to the Staffing and Recruiting Manager. This role will source, identify, and evaluate qualified drivers and assist in moving them through the hiring process. The Driver Recruiter will perform administrative duties and assist with department projects as required to support the Staffing and Recruiting Manager, HR and Transport Team.
- Ensures Health & Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Perform full life cycle recruitment process for non-exempt, driver positions while building and maintaining excellent relationships with hiring managers, candidates, and business partners.
- Understands the needs of the hiring managers and translates those needs into successful recruitment strategies by setting expectations and maintaining communication throughout the process.
- Partner with hiring managers to train on ATS and develop job description content that is thorough, consistent, and alluring to candidates.
- Administer the hiring process and close requisitions in a timely manner with proper documentation.
- Edit, create, post, and maintain online job postings to internal company career site as well as external job boards, such as LinkedIn, Monster, etc. that are in compliance with position needs and regularity requirements.
- Responsible for data management and integrity in the applicant tracking system and other HR systems, and compliance of federal employment laws and internal policies and procedures.
- Understand business and market conditions to maintain talent pipelines at appropriate levels to accommodate anticipated demand in line with corporate growth and business initiatives we well as stay in contact with potential candidates who have experience that aligns with future needs.
- Assist in recruiting efforts through social networking/social media efforts that accurately capture not only the talent need, but the opportunity for growth as well as the culture and values of the company.
- Identify, initiate, contact and screen potential candidates to introduce open and future job opportunities.
- Review resumes and credentials for appropriateness of skills, experience and knowledge in relation to the position and requirements.
- Evaluate candidates to determine their competencies and qualifications and provide feedback on the skill and cultural fit of candidates.
- Manage active candidates throughout the recruitment process through effective communication to ensure a positive candidate experience.
- Manage, schedule, and coordinate all logistics for interviews between candidates and hiring managers and hiring teams.
- Attend local and national career fairs, professional events, as well as on-campus recruiting events.
Heritage believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designed to outline the primary duties, qualifications, and the job scope, but not limit the incumbent nor the company to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the cusses of our endeavors.
Education: High school diploma or its equivalent required. 2 or 4-year degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum 2 years driver recruitment experience required.
Knowledge and Abilities: Knowledge of DOT regulations and/or transportation industry. Ability to work in a fast paced, multi facility environment with a high sense of urgency. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to engage and build rapport with candidates and managers. Great attention to detail. Strong interest in a career in Driver Recruitment. Out of the box, critical thinking skills. Possess the ability to effectively work as a member of a team/independently and the desire to celebrate other's successes. Most posses an elevated level of professionalism, accountability and confidentiality. Some travel. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
A post offer drug screen will be required. A post offer background check may be required.
EOE M/W/Vet Disabled