MISTRAS strives to provide a positive work environment that values excellence in safety and quality, free from discrimination and harassment. Every MISTRAS employee plays a part in our Company’s success and making this a great place to work. We are committed to a workplace where all employees are free to raise issues, concerns, and questions for the improvement of our operations and work environment. Safety is the overriding priority in everything we do; all duties critical to safety, quality, and environmental protection are carried out in compliance with all requirements and with personal accountability.
The Driver/Shipping & Receiving Clerk is responsible for providing shipping & receiving support to the in-house and field teams.
- Make local deliveries
- Independent negotiating and dispatching with shipping companies on both inbound and outbound shipments.
- Prepares outgoing freight and documents including declaration/document of goods (and dangerous goods).
- Customs clearance.
- Receives and records all incoming goods (parts, equipment, tools, etc.).
- Oversees packing of outgoing shipments to avoid delays.
- Follows compliance, directions, and safety requirements.
- General warehouse support.
- Performs driving deliveries to job sites as needed.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must have a clean driving record
- Must have knowledge of the local area
- 3-5 years of experience
- Training and certification in forklift preferred.
- Experience with international shipping, customs documentation, as well as transportation of dangerous goods
- Ability to troubleshoot shipping/inventory related problems
- Work independently w/ minimal supervision
- Ability to effectively read, write, speak, and comprehend English
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated reliability and good attendance
- Availability to work extended hours and/or overtime as needed
- Ability to participate in job development training, such as equipment cross-training and team development training
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience working with ERP software
- Physical Requirements:
- Must possess reasonable manual dexterity to perform the assigned duties and be capable of effective communications.
- Specific vision, standing, walking, hearing, and talking abilities required by this job shall be sufficient to perform the assigned duties which include but not limited to ascending and descending numerous set of stairs while carrying test equipment.
- Shall be able to endure long work hours and needs the stamina to withstand fatigue, stress, and hardship.
- Ability to routinely lift/carry materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 90 pounds floor to waist, up to 50 pounds waist to shoulder and floor to shoulder 50 pounds.
- Ability to occasionally push up to 50 pounds and pull up to 50 pounds
For consideration, please apply to:
To learn more about our company, please visit http://www.mistrasgroup.com .
Follow us on Twitter: @mistrascareers
Mistras Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer