TITLE: Driver Trainer
LOCATION: Middlebury, IN
REPORTS TO: General Manager Cardinal Buses, LLC
EMPLOYEE: Full Time
The role of the Driver Trainer is to ensure that all drivers at Cardinal Buses, LLC have the skills, knowledge and abilities needed to safely handle commercial vehicles and transport customers. Commercial vehicles include but are not limited to Campus Shuttles, Mini Coaches and Motor coaches. Responsibilities includes conducting needs assessments, developing training programs, conducting classes and evaluating results for the behind the wheel training instruction for new and existing drivers. This includes reviewing existing Programs and developing recommendations for program revisions and new programs. The Driver Trainer ensures and tracks compliance with State and Federal driving training requirements in accordance with Federal, State and local regulations for all vehicles. This position will also prepare and maintain training, licensing records, and certificates for all drivers as needed. The Commercial Vehicles Trainer is a CDL Certified Driver with appropriate endorsements. This role will ensure development and implementation of consistent, efficient, and structured training for all drivers employed by Cardinal Buses, LLC. As with all roles at Cardinal Buses, LLC, this position is expected to reinforce and maintain a safe working environment through good housekeeping, safety practices. Responsibilities include other duties assigned.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Provide training for new and existing drivers (20%)
- Plan and develop Driver Training Programs that meet Federal, State and Local Regulations and reflects Cardinal’s commitment to providing quality service.
- Conduct classroom training and behind the wheel Instruction for all new drivers adapting style to meet learners needs.
- Conduct needs assessment, review programs and evaluations of programs and students to develop improvements needed to ensure that the Training Program reflects state-of-the-art practices in the field.
- Assess individual’s progress and provides constructive feedback to Trainees regarding their learning progress. Communicate and apprise Management of Trainees’ progress.
- Provide re-training for current driving staff as needed (20%)
- Provide identified re-training to meet specific needs of Existing Drivers.
- Assess and provides constructive feedback to operator regarding performance. Communicates results to Management.
- Track and maintain appropriate records for all operations (10%)
- Prepare and maintains training and licensing records and certificates for all Drivers in Commercial Vehicles.
- Supervise the compliance with State and Federal Driver Training and Certification Regulations and maintains appropriate records.
- Work with Safety Staff regarding safety and risk management procedures and practices.
- Accept and carry out other assignments (50%)
- Accept and carries out Driving Assignments for Motorcoach, Mini Coach and Shuttles as needed.
- Represent Cardinal Buses, LLC professionally and positively serving as a role model for all Drivers.
- Graduation from High School or the equivalent
- 3-5 years recent paid work experience in a commercial driving role or transportation operations
- 1-3 years’ experience training commercial drivers
- Must be able to obtain and/or retain a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)with a “P” and “S” endorsement
- Demonstrated skills involving the use of computers and other office equipment. Knowledge of MS Word and Excel are desirable.
- Ability to communicate effectively with managers, staff and customers
- Related industry experience
- Experience driving Motor coaches, School buses or other commercial vehicles
We Go the Extra Mile!
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability