Who We Are
Cornerstone Healthcare Group is a leading long term acute care hospital group and Senior Living Communities committed to improving the health and well-being of residents by providing an environment of continuous process improvement, teamwork, integrity, fiscal responsibility and endless customer service. Cornerstone, with its recent merger of Solara Healthcare, is headquartered in Dallas and owns hospitals and senior living communities in Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana, Arizona, West Virginia and Oklahoma.
Why Work for Us?
Our hospitals offer competitive compensation and benefits, but that is not why our employees come to work for us. As a Cornerstone employee, you are truly a valued contributor to our team. It is no wonder why our employees gave us high scores in both overall satisfaction and employee engagement in our latest Cornerstone Employee Partnership Survey.
Our Core Values are woven into the fabric of our culture and ingrained in our employees and how they perform their jobs every day.
The Driver is responsible for the safe transport of patients ranging in age from 18 years to geriatric. Establishes accurate patient identification prior to transport. Utilizes safety precautions needed to assure the well being of each passenger. Ensures the safe and timely transport of all passengers. Observes and documents changes in a patient's behavior and reports to the Director of Transport for appropriate follow-up. Must be able to respond to emergency situations with patients and hospital equipment. Demonstrates respect for patient's rights, privacy, and confidentiality of information and is sensitive, courteous and professional when greeting patients, family members, visitors, and staff. Participates in performance improvement activities that ensure important processes and activities are measured, assessed and improved systematically. Maintains a safe and effective environment.
- Ability to project a professional image
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements
- Working knowledge and ability to apply professional standards of practice in job situations.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of personal computer and software applications used in job functions
- Persons who have been found guilty by a court of law of abusing, neglecting, or mistreating individuals in a health care related setting are ineligible for employment in this position
- Freedom from illegal use of drugs
- Freedom from use of and effects of use of drugs and alcohol in the workplace
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must maintain a current Driver's License
- Must maintain current provider CPR certification throughout employment