Position TitleDriver-Water: DJ Basin
The Water Driver is responsible for the day-to-day transporting of injection site well water to and from specified locations in a safe and compliant manner. The locations are, at times, in remote areas which require the driver to be comfortable driving tanker/water trucks in a variety of environments and across diverse terrain.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate truck and accomplish water deliveries in a safe manner at all times.
- On a daily basis, conduct vehicle inspections, complete driver’s logs, and submit requisite paperwork. At all times, practice strict adherence to DOT requirements.
- Perform scheduled deliveries in accordance with specified timeframe.
- Collect, organize and submit delivery bills of lading in a complete, timely, and accurate fashion.
- Serve as a positive representative of NGL, providing proactive customer service.
- Maintain clean and professional appearance of vehicle at all times.
- Notify supervisor immediately of any vehicle safety concerns.
- Perform relief assignments for collection as required.
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required.
- Regular attendance at the worksite is required.
Position Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work overtime as necessary.
- Working knowledge of DOT regulations and procedures.
- Attention to detail and technical skills necessary to complete driver’s logs and other required documentation.
- Ability to effectively communicate, in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to be a positive representative of the Company both internally and externally.
- Ability to work with respect and cooperation at all times with fellow employees and customers.
- Must be committed to working safely at all times.
- Must have and maintain a valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with the following endorsement(s):
- Tanker (N).
- 1+ years of Class A CDL Tanker or water hauling driving experience required.
- 3+ years of Class A CDL experience preferred.
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent experience.
- Must be 21+ years of age.
- Must have and maintain a valid Medical Examiner’s Certificate from the U.S. Department of Transportation Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
- SafeLand/PEC certification required. Note: This may be obtained upon job offer.
Negligible travel required. Requires the ability to travel to field locations where environment may vary significantly.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must constantly position, transport and/or move 50 or more pounds. On occasion moving over 50 pounds will be required.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Stand; walk; move across large areas including uneven terrain, sometimes quickly;
- Be stationary for long periods of time;
- Work in restrictive working spaces;
- Ascend stairs or ladders, work atop tanks, traverse metal walkways at heights;
- Balance with equipment and while moving large and/or heavy objects;
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
- Reach with hands and arms above the head and to ground level;
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl or otherwise reach into confined spaces;
- Push and pull material and equipment from one place to another;
- Communicate with and exchange information verbally and in writing;
- Work using repetitive motion.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work requires physical efforts associated with using the computer and phones to access and input information.
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is:
- Occasionally in an office environment.
- Occasionally exposed to work in high, precarious places.
- Regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles.
- Frequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions including extreme cold, extreme heat, and high winds.
- Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, hand tools and small to medium-sized power tool use.
- Occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
- Regularly exposed to non-toxic propane fumes or airborne particles.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position is required to be performed at the work site during regularly scheduled hours. Physical presence at the work site is required.
This job description is not intended to describe in detail the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to provide the incumbent with a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
Successful completion of company pre-employment background check, drug screen, and other related testing upon job offer acceptance.
We participate in the federal E-Verify program. To learn more about E-Verify, please visit: http://www.uscis.gov.