Drug Authorization Specialist - Brookline, MA
Drug Authorization Specialist(s) needed immediately at a very reputable healthcare facility in Brookline, MA (Brookline/Boston line). College graduates with a focus in Health Sciences (Biology, Nutrition, or similar) are encouraged to apply. This entry-level opportunity is a great way to gain work experience right out of school, assisting patients and families.
These positions start immediately. These roles are temporary, with an opportunity of becoming permanent, paying $19/hour over a 40-hour workweek.
Our client will train on the insurance coverage, referral, and authorization responsibilities associated with the role.
- Perform pre-registration of new patients by making/receiving patient calls; collecting and accurately documenting patient demographic, financial, and other relevant personal information into the hospital system
- Verify insurance eligibility and benefits using automated eligibility system
- Conduct registration interview with new patients before initial visit; Confirm and update all patient records
- Verify patient identification
- Update changes to patient insurance and/or demographic information as needed
- Manage referral and authorizations information as assigned through daily work queues
- Communicate regularly with physicians and other medical providers regarding clinical clarifications for referrals and authorizations
- Document daily activities in a timely, thorough, accurate manner into the hospital information system
Interested and qualified candidates, please send an updated resume in a Word document to Howie at email@example.com for immediate consideration.