We are in search of a Drupal Project Manager for a full-time position as a part of a federal contract in Silver Spring, MD.
Due to the secure nature of this government agency, all candidates must be U.S. citizens and hold a current, active Public Trust clearance or must have ability to obtain Public Trust.
This position provides expert level knowledge and skills in the area of distributed Drupal content management. It requires coordination with web programmers to help maintain and manage websites into the platform and ensure solutions adhere to best practices and standards.
The ideal candidate should be able to help define standards including information security, accessibility, branding consistency, etc. Requires communication and explanation of issues and technologies employed to an audience with varying degrees of technical knowledge and acumen.
- Advocacy and communication of best practice, standard and efficient solutions that mitigate potential risks. Topics include information security, accessibility, usability, branding, user experience and many more web-related topics.
- Develop and maintain processes and applications required to provide enterprise capabilities for managing Drupal websites, themes, plugins, etc.)
Project Management & Communication
- Maintain strong relationships as the key point person between multiple client representatives and web development team.
- Be able to work with the different departments to provide solutions.
- Be able to handle multiple tasks and priorities.
- Strong commitment to customer service excellence, teamwork and collaboration.
- Responsive to change and the needs of clients, team members and partners.
- Ability to navigate complex environments and situations, balance a variety of viewpoints and mobilize multiple actors to achieve consensus, generate support and produce meaningful outcomes.
- Communicate with structure and clarity.
- Change management experience to draw upon in delivering on client needs
Website & Content
- Be able to project manage a new or existing website, based on existing technical details and available infrastructure.
- Create strategy to efficiently and productively update website pages and content, focusing on user experience and site functionality.
- Work closely with the creative agency and graphic designers
- Work with content providers, drafting the final version for publication.
- Build and maintain intranet for internal knowledge sharing system.
- Proactively troubleshoot the site.
- With regular tracking, see where there are bottlenecks and make suggestions/changes to fix them.
- Test functionality across various browsers and operating systems and maintain responsive design (theming).
- Debug website issues: Down time, performance issues, necessary updates…
- Advise on what do we need to work on for long term website health, ongoing projects for improvement.
- Backup for support sites.
- Monitor web performance statistics and create reports
- Five (5) plus years of experience managing complex websites
- Four (4) years of experience in programming and administration of Drupal CMS. Prefer at least one of those years in Drupal version 8
- Familiarity with technical setup and theming in CMS Drupal (Drupal 7, Drupal 8 is an asset), Symfony / Twig, and are familiar with web technology and DNS.
- Experience with responsive designing and cross-browser functionality;
- Strong attention to details; ability to perform duties with minimal supervision and a high level of accuracy;
- Basic knowledge of SEO best-practices;
- Experience with advertising and analytics.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.