Colonna's Shipyard, Inc. is accepting resumes for a Dry Dock Maintenance Technician for a job located in Norfolk, VA.
Maintain and operate dry dock. Lead the maintenance team to provide efficient and timely maintenance services. Assist resource manager in daily operations of the shop. Work with Facilities Administrator to manage database and software to support facility maintenance infrastructure.
- Coordinate preventative maintenance to ensure downtime repairs are minimized
- Issue work orders and monitor repair work both during and after completion to ensure work is completed properly
- Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems such as filing and record keeping of repairs and vessel docking paperwork.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with all relevant local governmental bureaus, agencies and authorities
- Monitor and optimize database for maintenance support software and watch standing records
- Capable of data entry
- Set user privileges within the dry dock operations and maintenance management duties
- Coordinate with software administrators to maintain training and optimize use of maintenance software
- Coordinate with Facilities Administrator to implement maintenance management system within yard
- Liaison between the Resource Manager and Maintenance team to provide direction and oversight of employees
- Working with various drydock systems to issue work orders, receive products and manage repairs
- Maintain a safe and secure work environment
- The ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors required for repairs
- Knowledge and understanding of both scheduling preventative maintenance and responding to issues that arise and the ability to prioritize and delegate appropriately.
- A general knowledge of electrical wiring up to 480 volts for three phase systems, a general mechanical background and a basic knowledge of electrical circuitry for electronic controls and printed circuits.
- Previous supervisor experience in the mechanical field with practical experience in electrical, welding, basic machine shop and general equipment repair.
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft Office, to include, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Possessing positive teamwork behaviors
- Communication skills - written and verbal
- Planning, organizing, and multi-tasking ability
- Prioritizing of time, projects, and deadlines
- Problem assessment and problem solving
- Information gathering and information monitoring
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Coordinating dock watch duties between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts
Compensation & Benefits
Position compensation is based on experience.
Our benefits include: • Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance• 401K, company match• Paid Time Off (PTO)• Legal Services• Annual performance evaluations • On-site Human Resources• On-site gym• Free and close proximity parking• Employee perks/gifts and more
All resumes are reviewed immediately for consideration.
Colonna’s Shipyard and our affiliates are pleased to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE / M / F / DISABILITY / VET
These are our VALUES and the guidelines that make us a leader in our industry. We are pleased and confident in stating that our skilled employees are among the most respected experts in the ship repair industry.