Performance Contracting Group is a national specialty contractor that offers quality services and products to the commercial, industrial and non-residential construction markets. Safety and inclusivity are the foundation of our culture and at the forefront of every decision we make. We place high value on training and encouraging you to broaden and strengthen your unique skill sets so you can fully realize your potential.
PCI is seeking an experienced Drywall Foreman for its Cincinnati Interior operations based in Cincinnati, OH. This individual will responsible to direct the day-to-day activities of a group of journeymen and apprentices in order to achieve or exceed estimated labor productivity for the project. The Foreman is responsible for carrying out the directions of the Superintendent regarding field construction activities and related duties.
- Responsible to hold tool box safety meetings and prepare written reports
- Responsible to conduct proper and thorough accident investigations and prepare all required accident reports.
- Responsible to implement all branch/job safety requirements.
- Responsible for maintenance and inspection of all tools and equipment.
- Responsible to achieve or exceed estimated labor productivity.
- Must be a skilled and knowledgeable craftsman who knows the best and latest construction techniques.
- Must be able to organize and lead a group of craftsmen efficiently to obtain maximum productivity.
- Responsible to place workforce to obtain optimum performance.
- Responsible to assure materials and equipment are available and in place.
- Responsible to recommend to Manager the removal and replacement of any worker.
- Responsible to prepare “look-ahead" schedules consistent with the project schedule.
- Maintain a jobsite log at least daily or more frequently, if necessary, to act as a legal record in any future legal action.
- Responsible to maintain specific job labor control program and accurately report labor by element.
- Responsible to work closely and tactfully with customers, PCI trades and other contractors as necessary to insure the project is properly coordinated and completion dates are met at minimum cost.
- Responsible for the quality of the installed work and to make sure there are no deviations from the job specifications without approval.
- Receive all jobsite materials, inspect and accept/reject, properly complete all paperwork, and transmit as necessary to the office.
- Quickly notify Manager of any changed working conditions, plans or customer directions.
- Responsible to attend in-house project review meetings with the Estimator/Superintendent prior to starting the job. At the request of Manager, he shall participate in pre-bid strategy meetings.
- Plan his own activity with those of the Superintendent in a manner which will develop them into producing effective and efficient operations in customer relations and building a productive union labor force to insure the Company remains competitive and profitable in the marketplace.
- Maintain an active part in the trade associations in the community in order to insure the Company’s position is properly understood and that it achieves a favorable reception in the industry.
- Possess and maintain the individual competence in his field of specialization to insure that the most current technology, methods, and materials are being utilized in the bidding, estimating and field installation of all jobs.
- Establishment and implementation of the Company Safety Program and Accident Prevention Plan.
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Minimum 3 years experience as a Foreman/General Foreman.
- Supervisory responsibilities, experience supervising 10+ members.
- Has worked on projects with a value of $250,000+.
- Must have a form of reliable transportation.
- Moderate computer skills required.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- On-the-job training offered.
- Prolonged periods standing and working outside.
- Physically able to perform assigned tasks.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds at a time.
PCI is a union contractor and the successful applicant will be required to join the carpenters union. The union contact information is as follows:
Indiana – Kentucky - Ohio
Regional Council of Carpenters
204 N Garver Rd
Monroe, OH 45050
Performance Contracting Group, (PCG) its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies provides equal employment [and affirmative action] opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. PCG is a background screening, drug-free workplace.