We have an immediate opening for a superior software engineering professional.
This is an opportunity to join a small team of exceptional researchers in developing and implementing cutting-edge signal processing technologies.
The position is open to qualified software engineering professionals with experience designing, implementing, and maintaining large software systems.
Demonstrated experience with Linux, C/C++, SQL, Python, and GUI design are required.
The ideal candidate should have experience with the design and implementation of data structures and algorithms.
Experience with unit/regression testing, revision control systems, defensive coding practices, and providing external support for large software systems is a plus.
Some experience with statistical signal processing and communications systems is desirable, but not required.
Persons with strong backgrounds in computer science or electrical engineering are encouraged to apply.
We have a national reputation for quality work in the development of systems incorporating remote sensing and signal processing techniques.
As a member of our team, you will participate in a multi-disciplinary, exciting, and challenging environment.
We are seeking employees that enjoy a family oriented culture and are interested in excellent salaries, benefits, and growth opportunities.
• Research, write, develop, test, and evaluate software programs.
• Work with teams to facilitate deployment related to software programs.
• Determine purpose, application, and feasibility of new or enhancement of existing software.
• Create and update documentation for designs, and all phases of the project.
• Work with external customers to troubleshoot and solve problems.
• Coordinate engineering efforts and provide engineering assistance to internal teams or external customers.
• Keep abreast of new developments in the fields of engineering design, methods, and applications.
• May provide or assist with training needs as it relates to new or existing software.
• May assist with quote or request for quote process.
• Uses prescribed techniques and procedures within established criteria.
• Master’s of Science in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
• Strong preference for persons with an in-scope TS/SBBI.
• Specific skills, proficiencies, and knowledge in field related to position, as identified by department leadership.
• Trained in the use of Visio, C, C++, Java, and web technologies.
• Ability to apply design theory and methodology.
• High level of customer service skills.
• Knowledge of manufacturing techniques is preferred.
• Well-developed problem analysis and problem solving techniques.
• Proficiency with a computer, including use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Team player who is self-motivated, and has ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to communicate effectively with team members and leadership staff.
• Travel may be necessary, based on position.