Location: Bear, DE Department: Dot Transportation Reports To: Transportation Manager
Your Role: This position performs clerical duties associated with the dispatch department and Supply Chain Analysts for Dot Transportation.
- Pre-deadline scheduling of appointments with customers and suppliers
- Communicate using email, unique company portals and phone
- Accurate entry of confirmed appointment times into the system
- Data entry such as receiving hours, customer notes and etc.
- Enter and update operating systems with accurate data
- Communicate with internal and external customers
- Apply lean thinking and tools to identify and eliminate waste in all areas of the position.
- Schedule: Varies.
- Work Environment: Some exposure to garage / shop environment
What Can Dot Offer You?
As a family-owned and -operated company for the past 55 years, Dot Foods has created a strong family culture within the business. As a vital part of that family unit, we want to ensure you feel included and respected for any differing ideas. We appreciate those opinions and count on them to make us successful. In addition to an inclusive working environment, we will provide you with:
- Competitive pay- Range: $12.21 - $18.32 per hour
- Family-friendly work environment
- Ongoing training and development
Safety: This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work locations, exercise and promotes safe behaviors and show unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
EOE/AA Employer: Dot believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities. Dot will not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or other basic classes protected by applicable federal or state law provided they are qualified for employment or for existing positions.
We Need You To Have:
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Degree
- Excellent mathematical and reading skills
- Computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines
We’d Like You To Have:
- Administrative / clerical experience preferred
- Effective professional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in both team and independent settings
- Good organizational skills